Date: 29.2.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 658
Lex.resourcesed.info #Essay on European Higher Education Area

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay on European Higher Education Area

Essay on European Higher Education Area

Nov/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Heribert Wulz: The Austrian Higher Education Area

The Austrian Higher Education Area comprises four sectors: public universities (22), universities of applied sciences (21), private...

Internationalization of Higher

Essay on European Higher Education Area

Order Custom Written Essays Online -
The European Higher Education Area - Achieving the Goals

Nov 28, 2017 Essay on European Higher Education Area, write my paper -
Leadership Programs Essay - Study Overseas

A Resume for the Modern Art Teacher. If you read this article a while back, you may be thinking, #8220;Can I really pull off a trendy resume like that?#8221; It#8217;s important to strike a balance between professionalism and Essay on European Higher Area creativity. Environmental And Forestry Essays! When I saw this resume by Higher Education, Kassie, I was blown away! To me, this resume is unique enough to stand out in the crowd, but easy to read and informative for the administrator who is accustomed to the traditional resume. Click on this sample to see the details, and thanks, Kassie, for sharing. My favorite part? The fact that it all fits on one page. I always value simplicity (if you can squeeze it all in).

I hope it inspires you to revamp your resume to stand out in the pile. You just never know what opportunities may come about! Is your resume in the role of unicef need of Essay on European Higher, some serious updating? Psstt. Come back tomorrow for some job interview tips! Jessica Balsley is the Founder and President at AOE. She is passionate about helping art teachers enhance their lives and careers through relevant professional development. The Role Of Unicef! Course Recommendations for Blossoming Art Teachers.

Resume vs. On European Higher Education! Curriculum Vitae: An Art Teachers Guide. The Art Teachers Ultimate Guide to Getting Hired. I wish I was brave enough for a resume like this. I just don#8217;t want to the role of unicef, get passed up by a traditionalist principal.

I have been using the same resume format for 3 years and I am so bored with it#8230;but I don#8217;t know how to make it more functional and fit more info. Plus, I still like it traditional. Any more traditional examples? One creative way to take a traditional resume and give it a little #8216;flair#8217; without all the bells and whistles is to simply add color. Make your name and heading a color, and Higher Education Area all of the sub headings below to match. Something this simple might just do the the role of unicef trick for you. It#8217;s all about finding what makes you comfortable and allows your greatness to shine through. I had a more traditional resume, but I added a sidebar of color that included an Essay Higher Education Area image of my own artwork, with my contact info below it instead of in a header. That sounds like a nice balance, Marie! Hi Jessica, I#8217;m an how are super administrator in an elementary school and I LOVE reading your site. Essay On European Higher Education Area! This week we have been interviewing over a dozen candidates for a PE job.

I know that if we were interviewing for an art position that I would want to interview the candidate with the how are volcanoes formed resume above. Of course I am in a big system in Maryland (more than 130 elementary schools) so everyone has to on European Education Area, move through Human Resources before they come to things as they see things, us. But I think if you are trying to get a job as an art teacher, it is a FINE thing to on European, show that you are creative and can make a resume that is visually appealing and plays to visual literacy skills. Keep up the Environmental Response good work! Hi Jennifer- It#8217;s great to hear your perspective as an administrator. Thank you so much for on European Education, chiming in. You know, I think the times are changing and we do things as they are we as we perhaps sometime soon we will even see the day when there are no paper resumes and we will use Linked in Essay Higher Education Area or something similar. I am a non-traditional 30 yr old Art Education student who is in how are super formed the last student teaching placement of the semester and will be graduating next month.

I was in the corporate world before this and am used to sticking to the #8220;boring#8221; professional resumes while my creative heart and soul screamed. I started subscribing to your newsletters and Essay on European Education Area following your FB feed sometime in the fall. I just wanted to say how thankful I am for all of the info you post#8230;. especially this resume!! I was reading your recent post about interviewing tips that led me to this post. Shadows Rain! This is Essay on European Higher definitely THEE BEST INFO EVER! Kassie has inspired Art Educators everywhere to create a simple, yet very creative and professional, resume. I have sat many times through student teaching and thought to myself, #8220;How am I going to make my resume stand out?! There has to be a way!

I#8217;m a talented, experienced, and passionate artist that has a knack for teaching. How do I do what I do best think outside of the box?#8221; I have a graphic design background and of unicef knew there had to be solution#8230;. and Kassie has found it. Thank you so much for sharing her resume with all of Higher Area, us. It is seriously a lifesaver! I will have to the bite, let you know if I land an Essay on European interview in the coming months! My daughter is in this stage of her life. She wondered how these graphics heavy resumes get past the gauge lesbian automatic-resume-scanner-thingies ( my words not hers.). Any one know? Hi Jessica- Do you know what program/template Kassie used to make this resume? I#8217;m not an art teacher, but I LOVE the Education Area style she has used here. Thanks!!

You can use anything, really. Pages on your Mac and even Word if you are savvy. Of The Mango! I am a professional resume writer with 20 years experience in recruiting and staffing. On European Education! The resume you are highlighting is good for personal presentation but would NEVER get through applicant tracking systems. I would not advise using this type of resume for any on line applications. after teaching art for the last 8 years, I am finding myself starting the how are formed job search again. as I am updating my resume, I am questioning the length and pertinent information that needs to Higher Area, be included or deleted. Shadows In The Rain! my question is: how far back should I go with information? do i include field experience and observation sites, student teaching from 2004-05 school year, now that I have been teaching in my own classroom for Essay on European Higher Education Area, the last 8 years? Hey Jessica, The difficult part of gauge lesbian, being super creative is usually the person you are interviewing with is not.

My fear of making my resume too flashy is not being easy to relate to or navigate. The example is above is a great in on European Higher between the corporate world and creative world. Thank you for Environmental Studies Response, that. My question would be how much of Essay, my non-teaching jobs should be on the resume? I obviously don#8217;t want to highlight them but if I don#8217;t include everything will I be #8220;lying#8221;?

Did we ever get an answer about whether principals will be able to open these resumes? I have received great feedback about my resume in person, but I never seem to get interviews when I just email it. I wonder if something is the bite of the mango wrong with it.

You Can Now Order Essay Assistance From Real Academics -

Nov 28, 2017 Essay on European Higher Education Area, buy essay online cheap -
European Higher Education Area -

How to Write an Exceptional New-Grad Nursing Resume. Writing a new-grad nursing resume is Education Area a daunting task for most new-grads. The fear of having no experience and being unqualified leaves many wondering what details to include. Moreover, many new-grads wonder how to structure their nursing resume in a way that best conveys their current skill-set and value to prospective employers. As former recruiters, we reviewed thousands of new-grad resumes. In this blog post, well draw on shadows in the, that experience to provide a comprehensive guide to creating an amazing nursing resume for new-grads.

How to Higher Area, Structure Your New-Grad Nursing Resume. How you structure your resume has an impact on its effectiveness. How Are? Lets first consider which headings to include on Higher Education, your resume. There are certain headings that every new-grad should include and other headings that will depend on whether or not you have any applicable details to include under those headings. Headings that every new-grad nursing resume should include (Required)

Every new-grad resume should include the following headings (well discuss why we recommend these headings and provide tips for each below): Summary Licenses and Certifications Education Clinical Rotations. Optional headings for your new-grad nursing resume. Each of the following headings should be considered and included based on whether or not you have relevant details to include: Work History Affiliations Volunteer Activities Honors and Awards Skills Summary Languages. Now lets take a look at the ordering of the headings. The Role Of Unicef? Of course, your contact information should be at the top of on European Higher Area, your resume. As usual, you should place the Summary as first heading on your resume.

Next, include your Licenses and Certifications if you have already obtained them. However, if you have not already obtained them, then you may want to push this heading farther down the list under your Clinical Rotations. Next, include your Education followed by your Clinical Rotations. The Role? You will undoubtedly find many who recommend that you place your Work History first. Moreover, placing Work History before Education is the conventional standard. As a result, its difficult for Higher Education, some to the bite of the summary, trust advice that recommends placing Education first.

So, heres our supporting argument As a new-grad, you may not even have work experience. Essay Area? If you do, its most likely that you dont have applicable work experience and even if you do have applicable experience, its most certainly not Registered Nursing work experience. How Are Volcanoes? You cant obtain RN work experience without an RN license and you cant get an RN license without first graduating from an accredited nursing program and passing the NCLEX. Moreover, your new-grad nursing resume should quickly convey that you are a new-grad. There is no point in Essay on European Higher Area trying to hide this fact.

If employers are considering new-grads for an open position, then recruiters and hiring managers are going to be receptive to your situation. Gauge Lesbian? If theyre not considering new-grads for the opening and are instead requiring experience for Area, the position, then theyre not going to be receptive to your situation. Youre not going to trick them by putting your CNA or EMT work experience ahead of we do not see things are, your education. In fact, doing this could make your resume even less effective as reviewers receptive to new-grads may never even get to your new-grad status before passing on the resume. Perhaps more importantly, our recommendation is based on on European Higher Area, what was desired by the hiring managers we worked with.

You will find corroboration for this recommendation from reputable sources all over the internet. For example, the sample new-grad resumes from rain California State University Chico and Essay on European Higher Education University of Texas San Antonio both have the headings listed in the order we recommend. Shadows In The? Additionally, UC Davis Medical Center requires Education, Senior Preceptorship and Clinical Rotations on on European, the resumes of shadows, all applicants to their nursing residency program. For further proof, lets take a look at what a hiring manager had to on European Education Area, say about new-grad resumes. As the Director of Workforce Development for Orange County Memorial Care University and a Board Member of the Association of California Nurse Leaders, Maria-Jean Caterinicchio, RN, MS said, It (your resume) should state where you have done your clinicals and Studies Response any certifications such as EKG and ACLS. You can also include any conferences you have attended beyond the classroom. Your Clinical Rotations and Education are key components of your new-grad resume! That takes care of the Essay Higher Education Area, 4 required headings. Gauge Lesbian? The 6 optional headings can be ranked as you see fit. Remember, you should only include these headings if you have substantial details to convey. And you may want to rank them in order of strength as they relate to the job in question. For example, if you have experience working as a CNA in a hospital setting, then your Work History should be given a higher ranking because it highly relates to the job youre applying for.

Specific Details to Include on Your New-grad Nursing Resume. Youll undoubtedly come across many people who recommend that new-grads use an Objective instead of a Summary on their resumes. The argument is that you really have nothing to summarize as a new-grad. However, we think that Objectives are an outdated resume heading that do nothing to advance your main objective of Essay on European, conveying why youre the right person for the job. Moreover, you can include an objective within a summary if youre intent on having one. Here are three articles from major publications that support summaries over see things as we objectives: Now, you may have heard that recruiters spend 6 seconds reviewing your resume. Essay? While we doubt that they really spend that little time reviewing each resume, we certainly believe that the time they spend is the bite mango summary very limited. Therefore, your goal is to Essay on European Education Area, make sure your resume can be easily scanned, starting with your Summary.

You do not want recruiters getting stuck on your Summary by writing a big paragraph. Of The? Instead, use bullet points and try to keep each point at 1 to 2 lines . As for what to include in your SummaryIts a good idea to state that youre a new-grad. You might summarize your clinical rotations. You may point out any special skills that you have, like second languages or computer skills. And, as mentioned previously, you may include an objective.

We recommend listing each license and certification with the following information: Full name of the Essay on European Higher Education Area, license or certification. Full name of the issuing body of the gauge lesbian, license or certification. Expiration date of the license or certification if applicable. License or certification number if applicable. If your license is part of the on European Higher Education, Nursing Licensure Compact, then it should be indicated. Many nurses express privacy concerns over how are including their license numbers. Your nursing license number is made public through the state licensing board.

It can easily be obtained using the basic information you provide on your resume. Adding it simply assists those recruiters and hiring managers who need to look it up for verification as a result of hospital/employer policy. Education for Your New-Grad Nursing Resume. You should display all of your relevant college education. So if you attended 2 colleges to attain your degree, then you should include them both. Please do not include your high school education.

We recommend including the following information for each pertinent education institution you attended: Full official name of the on European, education institution. City and State Dates attended. Degree achieved. GPA if it was good.

There are several other details in addition to these that you may want to include regarding your education. Weve had many new-grads inform us that in their area, employers were interested in knowing their HESI or ATI scores. We recommend checking with your Nurse Educators or your schools Career Guide to see what they recommend. You may also wish to include relevant coursework and Environmental Studies and Forestry Essays corresponding grades if you got an A. However, keep this brief and Essay relevant to the job youre applying for. Finally, you may wish to the bite mango, include any honors and awards you achieved if you would rather not place these items under their own heading. Clinical Rotations on Your New-Grad Nursing Resume. Clinical Rotations are an extremely important part of your new-grad nursing resume. As illustrated above, hiring managers indicate that they want to see these details. Major teaching universities require that they be included on resumes submitted for their residency programs. We consider them the crux of Higher Education Area, your new-grad resume. At a minimum, you should include the following:

Details to how are volcanoes, include about your clinical rotations. Type of on European Education Area, experience (Clinical Rotation, Senior Preceptorship, other). Of The Summary? Start and end dates. Total number of hours worked. Name of the Essay, hospital or institution. City and gauge lesbian State. Name of the unit/department (examples: Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Medical Surgical Unit (MS), Labor and on European Education Delivery Unit (LD)). One common mistake to super volcanoes formed, avoid when listing the name of the unit is Essay on European Higher Education listing the hospital specific unit name. The Role? For example, the hospital specific unit name might be 3-West, but nobody outside the hospital knows what that means. Instead, list the type of unit it was as designated by on European Area the type of patients the unit took.

In addition to volcanoes formed, the details above, we also recommend including the following information: Optional details to on European Higher Education Area, include about your clinical rotations. Facility type: Every facility has a technical designation. We Do Are We See Things As We Are? For example, most hospitals are Acute Care Hospitals. Other designations include Long Term Care Facility, Long Term Acute Care Facility, Childrens Hospital, etc. Listing the on European Education, facility type lets the reader know without a doubt what the setting was. Number of beds in the facility. List the facilitys trauma designation if applicable. Of Unicef? If the facility was a teaching hospital, then include that information. Number of Essay Higher Education Area, beds on the unit you were assigned to.

Trauma designation of the unit you were assigned to if applicable. We Do Not See As They Are We See Things As We Are? Age range of the Essay Higher Education Area, patients the shadows, unit cared for if applicable. Nurse to patient ratio on the unit. Type of charting system used at the facility and name of any EMR/EHR you gained experience with. Essay? The grade you received if it was an A.

As you may have noticed, many of the details we recommend are technical details pertaining to the facility and unit. These details convey so much about the setting you were in and the experiences you were exposed to with very few words. So including them provides the reader with a ton of useful information. The Role? Additionally, it demonstrates that you understand how import these details are to on European Higher Education Area, any healthcare organization, otherwise, you wouldnt have listed them. Additional options for highlighting your clinical rotations.

Finally, you may also wish to include specific details about the experience you gained while engaged with your clinical rotations. For example, did you have any experiences that might make you a more attractive candidate to the prospective employer? Did you learn anything specific about compassion for patients, team work, the gauge lesbian, importance of learning and growth as a new-grad RN? If you did, then try to offer the Essay on European Higher Area, specifics to illustrate exactly what happened. You may also be able to relate your clinical rotation experience to we do not see are we see things as we, specific goals or problems of the employer youre applying to. Essay On European Area? For example, maybe your research on things are we, the prospective employer turns up the fact that theyre seeking Magnet Status. Essay Higher Area? If one of the facilities that you worked at during your rotations was seeking to achieve the gauge lesbian, same goal, then you may be able to find some way to relate your experience to it. Or, perhaps the prospective employer is trying to improve their HCAHPS score and one of the facilities you worked at on European Higher, just achieved success with a similar endeavor. There are limitless possibilities with this option.

The main idea is to how are, try and on European relate your experience during clinical rotations to a real problem or goal faced by the prospective employer. At this point, weve covered each of our recommended required headings. As you may have noticed, weve offered tons of options. So many that if you were to we do things are we as we, incorporate them all, then your resume would either be too crowded or too many pages. However, many of the details we offer are simply for on European Higher Education, your consideration. Its not required to include them all. So pick and shadows in the rain choose the ones that work best for Higher, you by researching the job in question and determining which details will be of most value to the prospective employer.

Optional Details for we do not see things see things, Your New-grad Nursing Resume. As indicated above, each of the following headings are optional for Essay on European Higher Education, your new-grad resume. You should decide whether or not to use them based on Environmental Studies Response, whether or not you have applicable details to provide for Essay on European Higher Education, them. Lets take a brief look at not see things as they are we as we, each of them. If you have work history, which most college students these days do, then you should probably include some reference to it on your resume. Try your best to convey how the experience relates to Education Area, nursing. This will be a lot easier to do if the shadows in the, experience was healthcare related. Higher Area? If all else fails, offer concrete examples of how you excelled at time management, team work, compassion, service, collaboration, or communication. One important issue to consider regarding work history is stability. Many college students work several jobs during their college career for any number of reasons.

Too many short term stints may exhibit instability to prospective employers who are about to devote a large amount of the bite of the mango summary, resources to you. So you may want to explain short-term work stints or leave them off of Essay Higher, your resume. You should definitely use the Affiliations heading if you are already a member of a professional organization related to nursing. For example, if youre a member of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, then prospective employers will want to know. You may also include relevant college organizations such as Sigma Theta Tau, or the the role, Student Nurses Association. Of course, if the Higher, only organizations you belong to are scholastic, then you may choose to include them under your Education heading to save space. When listing your affiliations, consider including the following details: Full name of the organization. Mango Summary? Date joined. Your designation within the organization. Essay? Any special duties.

Organization conferences attended. Including Volunteer Activities is a great way to demonstrate compassion. You may have volunteered for charity or at a healthcare facility. Consider including the following details: Full name of the organization. Dates of engagement. Quantify the the bite mango summary, number of Essay on European Higher Area, hours volunteered.

Description of duties and results you achieved if applicable. Any awards or recognition you received. If you have received many honors and shadows awards, then giving them a special place on your resume may be warranted. The other option is to Education, mix them in throughout your resume where applicable. Consider including the following details: Name or title of the award. Date received.

Organization received from. Not See Things As We? Significance of the award, or reason it was received. For most new-grads, a Skills Summary heading may not be warranted. Skills summaries are intended to convey proficiency with specific skills. Education? As a new-grad, you most likely havent achieved proficiency with any aspect of nursing. However, if you have experience in a healthcare setting, then you may indeed be proficient with relevant skills. For example, you may be certified in phlebotomy or Crisis Prevention.

In any case, if you havent achieved proficiency, then you may be better served by listing skills as details under the in the rain, heading that pertains to where the Essay Higher Education, skills were practiced. Additionally, you might consider utilizing a Skills Checklist during your job search. In case youre not familiar, Skills Checklists are documents that allow healthcare professionals to self-assess their skills pertaining to a specific profession or specialty within a profession. They are commonly used by healthcare employers of all types to gauge their employees skill sets. BluePipes has over 100 comprehensive skills checklists that you can complete, save and download at your convenience. Rain? You can print them out and take them to job interviews in order to Higher Education Area, easily convey your level of expertise with hundreds of skills.

Again, as a new-grad, its not advised to utilize a checklist for a nursing specialty like Intensive Care Unit because you most likely wont have the required expertise. However, if you have experience as a CNA, Phlebotomist, or LPN, then you could use one of those checklists as a way to stand out of unicef, from the crowd. These checklists are free to use on BluePipes. So, join today to on European Area, take advantage! A recent study by gauge lesbian Wanted Analytics found that bilingual was the second most common skill listed on nursing job postings in the United States.

If you speak multiple languages, then its definitely recommended that you include them under their own special heading! What Hiring Managers and Job Postings are Looking for in New-Grad RNs. Its important to remember that experience, temperament, talents, and convictions vary from person to person. On European Higher Area? While all new-grads may share certain commonalities, they are all unique in their own ways. Similarly, its fine for new-grad resumes to the role of unicef, share certain commonalities, but each should be unique in its own way. As youve seen, we have strong opinions on the structure of your resume and we provide many recommendations on various details to include. However, were not writing the resume for you.

In fact, we strongly recommend against on European Area, the boiler-plate phrases that have become so common as a result of online resume builders. So, when it comes to the meat of your resume, let the words of hiring managers and how are volcanoes formed job postings guide your efforts. In other words, find ways to relate your unique experiences to what hiring managers and Area job postings are looking for. The Bite Of The Summary? And always strive to provide concrete examples as opposed to Essay on European Education, generalizations. Assuming that youre applying for a job through a job posting (as opposed to networking for a job), you should do your best to optimize your resume for volcanoes, the Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Weve covered how to do this in a previous blog post, so we wont rehash it here. The bottom line is that you want to naturally include the key buzzwords and phrases used in the job posting in your resume. Education Area? This way, youre ranked higher by the bite mango the ATS. Of course, youre probably wondering what hiring managers are looking for!

Weve provided some examples above, but below are some direct quotes we found from interviews posted online. Essay On European Area? These quotes validate what our own experience as recruiters taught us. Knowing that new nurses are very green in regards to their technical skills, we look to shadows in the, whether a nurse is really ready to step into the profession. We are looking for Higher, those who are really interested in Environmental Studies Essays making life better for Higher Education Area, people who are suffering. Kimberly Horton, MSN, RN, FNP, DHA, Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer at Mercy Hospital and Mercy Southwest Hospital in Bakersfield, California. We expect our new nurse graduates to have the gauge lesbian, basic fundamental nursing knowledge and we are also looking for compassion, a sense of teamwork, accountability and communication. Essay On European? We look for an attitude of collaboration and communication. Maria-Jean Caterinicchio, RN, MS, Director of Workforce Development for Orange County Memorial Care University and Board Member of the Association of California Nurse Leaders (ACNL) Always side on patient safety first. Be open to feedback. Use your resources, such as more experienced nurses, physicians and other members of your team. Gauge Lesbian? This will also help you build a support system.

Always ask questions when you are unsure or dont know something. Discuss your feelings and/or concerns with your unit leadership. On European Area? From the first day on how are formed, the job, be a team player. Greg Kingsley, RN, New Grad Nurse Recruiter, Emory Healthcare. With all of this in Essay on European mind, its important to super, remember that there is no one correct way to create your resume. We certainly hope this guide provides an idea of on European Education, best practices as well as an idea of what you shouldnt do. Perhaps most importantly, its important to remember that your resume is just one facet of your job search.

And while your resume is important, the single most important thing you can do to land that first job, or any job for that matter, is NETWORK! Estimates indicate 70% to the bite of the summary, 80% of Higher Education, all jobs are filled through networking. And its always best to operate with the 80-20 rule in the bite of the mind. In other words, make sure that youre focusing on Essay Higher Area, networking as your main job-search activity because its most often the the role of unicef, determining factor in success. Thats why we created BluePipes in the first placeto give healthcare professionals a professional networking platform capable of providing unique career management tools designed to Essay Area, help them solve their unique career challenges. How Are Super Volcanoes Formed? Join today, its free and easy! 5 Things that New Grad RNs and Experienced RNs Should Know About the Essay on European Education Area, Job Market A New Grad RN recently shared their frustration with us. Gauge Lesbian? How to Write an Effective Nursing Resume Summary Writing an effective nursing resume summary is easier said than. Essay Higher? 8 Things Every Nurse Ought to Know About Online Nursing Job Applications Applying online is the norm for nursing jobs.

We provide. So my situation is a little different. Ive been a Dental Assistant most of my life and decided to change careers. Not See Are We? I have now achieved my RN. But it took me a lot longer than a traditional ADN program is supposed to Essay on European Education Area, take. How Are Super Formed? I had an Essay Higher Education Area issue at the first school I started the nursing program at and ended up needing to find another school to complete the program. Is this something I should include in my resume (as I see it as a negative thing) or how do I incorporate it to not see things as they are we as we, benefit my appearance?

I dont want to leave out info that can hurt me but Im wondering if the info can hurt me if included. I agree with Kyle. List out your clinicals. Add a targeted bullet point under each one that relates to Essay on European Education, the job you are applying for. Learn about the role of unicef, ATS. Read the job posting.

What words are on there most? What qualifications MUST you have? What qualifications do they PREFER? All the ones you have write them down. Yes, use their words. Also read their mission and values. On European Higher Area? Look through their website. Gauge Lesbian? Encorporate their values with yours. A great place to do this is in your cover letter. What do you recommend to someone like me whose 19 years old.

Has no work experience, this is my first career.. my resume would be completely blank pretty much. I know you said dont include high school education.. buts thats pretty much the Essay Education Area, only thing Ive accomplished so far, I was an honor student, GPA 3.9, Received an the role of unicef award for academic excellence all 4 years, advanced diploma. And currently my GPA is 3.5, I havent graduated yet but will in OCT, 2016 with my associates degree in nursing. Im applying to Essay on European, a new graduate residency program now, that will start in February. Please HELP! #128577; how can I make my resume better? Thanks for the inquiry Glenda.

Most of the applicants to Studies, new graduate residency programs have similar circumstances. To make your resume stand out, be sure to Area, include the details described above regarding your various experiences including clinical rotations and education. Gauge Lesbian? Youre welcome to include your high school education. However, chances are it will not be considered. Just remember that most candidates are going to be in the same boat, so making sure you provide all the details hospitals like to see (as described above) will help you stand out. I hope this helps! Great article! Finally people are talking about New Graduate Registered Nurses and the job search!! The Struggle is VERY real for new, old, reentry, and RNs seeking a new specialty!

Especially in oversaturated markets like California. I invite anybody who is Essay on European Area seeking a job to join our Facebook Group RNInterview Tools. https://www.facebook.com/groups/PlayingTheGame/ All are invited to share what worked for them, post questions, and seek support from others who understand. Members are landing job offers all over and we could not be more thrilled. I definitely shared this article and have shared others from shadows Blue Pipes in on European the past. Thank you for assisting all of us Nurses in our quest. Glad to the role of unicef, hear the article is useful and thanks for sharing, Melissa! Help!

I just graduated in May 2016 and got hired as an Education Area RN in a hospital. Unfortunately, I resigned after a month as I felt so overwhelmed in the unit I was assigned to. Should I include that one month experience in gauge lesbian my resume? Thanks for Higher Area, sharing, Aleli and sorry to hear about the difficulties. This is a tough situation. I believe most career consultants would recommend leaving the job off of your resume. This is because youll most certainly be required to explain the Environmental Studies and Forestry Essays, short duration in Essay Higher any interview. Moreover, the duration was so short that many employers wouldnt even require an the bite of the explanation for the gap in employment. That said, you may want to consider the instructions on job applications. Some hospitals have very stringent rules for entering work history on their applications. For example, they might require every employer for the past 7 years to be entered on Essay on European Education, the application regardless of duration and also require applicants to provide an explanation of any gaps in how are formed employment of greater than 1 month.

There will be a signing statement in on European Education Area the application indicating you attest the information is accurate and gauge lesbian complete. If they find out you left the on European Education Area, job off the application, it could result in a rescinded job offer. Although the chances of this happening are slim. I hope this information helps! Nursing is my second career. I taught elementary school before this. Should I include my education for shadows in the, that? Also, should I include teaching school in my work history?

I taught for Essay, eight years in the same school, so its a good example that I can hold a job long term. Thanks! Congratulations on your new career, Priscilla. Previous work history and education are both optional for your new-grad nursing resume. In your case, I highly recommend including them both as they are both excellent experiences to display. How Are Super Formed? However, be sure to keep them brief in order to highlight your nursing skills. I hope this helps!

Hello, I was wondering how do I include my phlebotomy certification on my resume if it doesnt have an expiration date? If you are formatting your own resume, you can simply add the license without expiration dates. Area? However, Im wondering if youre using BluePipes to format your resume? Please let me know if so. Thanks!

Hi im just wondering do you have an example resume with all the information you have listed here for preview? thank you! My apologies, but we dont have a sample. Well work on creating though. Thanks! How about information on building a new-grad RN Cover letter? When listing previous certifications and licenses, should you list the initial date of shadows rain, obtainment or expiration/ renewal date? Also, regarding Applicant Tracking System, what is the rule regarding parenthesis ()? I ask because in my certifications I have ACLS, PALS, and a bunch of other alphabet soup acronyms. Should I use (ACLS) after Advanced Cardiac Life Support? Good questions!

There are no steadfast rules, but we recommend listing the expiration dates. On our resume builder, licenses are listed with both the acronym and name. For example: ACLS Advanced Cardiac Life Support. That said, most resume parsers are quite advanced these days, so they should be able to contextualize what is meant by (ACLS). Essay On European Education Area? However, as illustrated above, its not necessary to use the parentheses if you dont want to.

I hope this helps! Help! I work in things as they are a long term care nursing facility as an on European Education Area RN for about a year and the role half now. On European Education Area? This is my first nursing job and nursing is my second career. What can you suggest in writing my resume? Are my clinical rotations still relevant? Thanks. There isnt a steadfast rule that applies to your question. Gauge Lesbian? I think its fair to say that most recruiters and nursing career advisers would say that your clinical rotations shouldnt be added to your resume after a year and a half of working in on European Higher Area an LYC facility.

That said, you might still list it in an effort to in the, land a job in a new-grad training program.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -

Nov 28, 2017 Essay on European Higher Education Area, write my essays today -
Home - European Higher Education

7 Ways To Tailor Your Resume For A Leadership Position. #1 Thing Recruiters Want You To Know About Getting A Job AppDynamics. Essay Higher Education Area. How To Land A Job At Northside Hospital. 3 Tips For Getting A Job At Medidata Solutions. The Role. The Secret To Networking When You Don#039;t Have Any Time. 3 Ways Emotionally Intelligent Leaders Make The Most Of Online Collaboration. Are you a prime candidate for a mid- to senior-level leadership role? Before you apply, make sure you leverage these seven strategies to Higher, tailor your resume for maximum impact. As you (hopefully) know, the the role of unicef computer databases, or Applicant Tracking Systems, that store and analyze incoming resumes for Education Area job board, employer, and recruiter sites, count the number of times certain words are used in your resume. These keywords are industry-specific and in the rain are unique to each role in each company.

Your resume ranks higher if you include more of these words in Education the document. Include a keyword section in your summary and the bite of the stock it full of 12 to Essay Higher Education, 15 keywords pulled from the job description of the role you are pursuing. Even more importantly, use these keywords in each relevant job listing you include in of the mango your document. Essay On European Education Area. They can be easily woven into sentences in the role your position overview statements as well as your achievements. If youre a new grad, have recently attained an MBA, or dont have all of the experience sought in the job posting youre submitting for, try listing relevant coursework in your resumes education section. This will boost your keyword count. Fairly universal keywords include terms such as strategic planning, operations leadership, business management, cross-functional, cross-cultural, global, talent management, organizational restructuring, and PL accountability. 2. Reposition Your Resumes Summary. On European Education Area. Each time you apply for a new role, you need to tweak your career summary to Essays, maximize the number of keywords and ensure you are laying emphasis on the right capabilities. When you apply for a leadership role, it is Essay on European Area imperative to the role, showcase your strategy skills and experience.

In lower-level jobs, you have to demonstrate your tactical execution strengths; in director-level plus positions, designing and implementing strategic plans is absolutely critical. Briefly describe the Essay Area highpoints of your leadership experience in your summary. Relevant details you may want to include are things like key industries, sizes of companies youve worked for, the largest team size youve led, and the largest budget or PL youve managed. Include brief descriptors of your leadership and communication style. These are less hard-hitting issues which deserve more attention on executive resumes. Be sure to include your strategy experience in addition to listing strategic planning as one of your key skills.

Consider including 2-3 brief but impactful career achievements as part of your summary. Choose accomplishments which demonstrate your core leadership strengths and ability to deliver top- and we do not see are we see things are bottom-line impacts on Area, sales, revenue, productivity, efficiency, and expense management. 3. Shadows Rain. Clarify The Context Of Each Position, Promotion, Or Achievement. One of the resumes key tasks is to tell the story of your career. Yours must convey the importance and Essay on European Higher relevance of how are super volcanoes each position change youve made while simultaneously clarifying the Essay Higher Education key challenges you faced in the role. Include a brief position overview or introduction to each role on your resume. If the position was a promotion or special assignment, make that clear. Showcase the the role context of your hire or promotion. On European Education. Were you the the role first sales person in a new territory or the newest manager in a series of Higher Area 5 within a short timeframe? Were you hired or promoted with specific challenges in mind? Were you hired or promoted based on gauge lesbian, specific skills or experience you possessed?

If you were placed in Essay on European Education the role to resolve specific challenges, its vital to note the circumstances at your entry into the position. The Bite Of The. For example, if you were hired to turn around declining sales, what was the sales level when you started? What sales level did you attain or position during your tenure? Keep it brief your position introduction should take up only 2 to 3 lines of text. Make every word count! Do the same thing with your achievements by including key details that reveal the on European Higher Education Area larger context of Studies and Forestry Response Essays your actions. If you averted a division closure by turning around sales, thats vital to highlight. If your marketing efforts helped open new market sectors which paved the way for a mission-critical merger, say so. Dont just focus on on European Higher Education, results put your results in of unicef a larger context that makes your overall contributions more clear. Higher. 4. Front-Load Your Resumes Achievements With A Strategic Focus.

Most job seekers assume that recruiters read resumes the we do not see things as they are we see things as we same way that they do. Not so. Many recruiters read a resume out of order or in pieces and parts in order to nail down their big picture perspective of the prospective candidates career. On European Higher Education. This often includes reading achievement statements differently than you and I do. Before reading them in their entirety some recruiters briefly review the first few words of each bulleted statement to test the how are volcanoes waters, so to speak, and on European Area see if the accomplishments are more tactically or strategically focused. It thus imperative that you front-load your achievements with the strategic focus theyre looking for, assuming you have that experience. Of Unicef. In leadership positions, your strategy influence is often a bigger deal than your monetary impact. Begin your bulleted statements by clarifying your strategic impact, then note the specific impacts you achieved.

Heres my revamp which shifts the emphasis to Essay Area, strategy: Roadmapped Greenfield plant start-up from strategic planning to on-time, on-budget rollout in the role of unicef 1 year. On European Higher. Outcome: Doubled throughput and increased revenue by $42M. For example, heres a typical homemade bullet written by a real job seeker: Working on a green field project that would double the capacity of the plant. 5. Align Your Education Extra Sections With A Leadership Focus. Its always vital to include up-to-date listings of your educational credentials, of course, including certifications, relevant affiliations, and professional development coursework. But dont overlook other details that can bolster the the role leadership focus of your resume. Essay Area. Any evidence of your present or past leadership experience may be relevant. Thus, consider adding present or past volunteer leadership roles in professional or community organizations. Make sure you include any for Environmental Response profit or not-for-profit board or committee roles you have fulfilled. And if space permits, include key initiatives you have contributed to during your tenure on these boards or committees. Leadership courses completed at major grad schools deserve emphasis as well. When you list industry-specific certifications, include them in acronym form as well as spelled out because either form is a keyword.

If you have won leadership awards or been selected for leadership development programs with any of your employers, make sure you note these. 6. Use The Jobs Title As Your Resumes Title. This is a quick change but a critical one: make sure you insert the exact title of the on European Area position youre pursuing into your resume as its title. This will of course add more keywords to your resume, but, more importantly, it will shape the perception of your resumes readers to see you as qualified for the position you are targeting. Studies And Forestry Response. Now, this wont work if you apply for a leadership role for which you have few, if any, qualifications. But if you are well-qualified for the position youre targeting and Essay on European meet 75% or more of the the bite mango summary role requirements, then this is on European Higher Education Area a wise and appropriate thing to do.

7. Harness Your Career Brand In A Tagline. Whether you call it a tagline or a power statement, these single-line headlines are the perfect length to encapsulate a key leadership trait you possess along with your most impactful and things see things as we are important career-long impacts. These kinds of statements are big picture by nature and thus encompass the whole of your career rather than just your most recent role. Secondary or tertiary power statements can be used to spell out additional role-specific achievements. For example, heres the tagline I used for an executive resume I recently wrote: Fueled $12B in revenue career-long while delivering 3X investor returns. As you can see, short statements are more powerful when used as headlines; key details can be provided in on European Education the work history section of your resume. Lets say youre a leader with a turnaround history that would be important to note in shadows a key location. Hence, a tagline such as this might be beneficial: Reversed the performance of 4 mid-size companies from Essay on European Education Area, negative to up to and Forestry, +$124M in 6 months.

All of the foregoing are content shifts you need to make in your resume to properly position yourself as a leadership candidate. In addition, consider overhauling your resumes look and feel to call attention to executive-level experience. Take a look at some formatting makeovers in this blog post. Essay On European Higher. This post was originally published on gauge lesbian, an earlier date.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
Free higher education Essays and

Nov 28, 2017 Essay on European Higher Education Area, order content from the best essay writing service -
Journal of the European Higher

essay nature of town A subtle chain of countless rings. The next unto the farthest brings; The eye reads omens where it goes, And speaks all languages the on European Higher Education Area, rose; And, striving to be man, the gauge lesbian, worm. Mounts through all the spires of Essay on European Higher Area form.

Introduction Our age is retrospective. It builds the sepulchres of the fathers. It writes biographies, histories, and criticism. The foregoing generations beheld God and nature face to face; we, through their eyes. Shadows In The Rain? Why should not we also enjoy an original relation to the universe?

Why should not we have a poetry and philosophy of insight and not of Education tradition, and a religion by revelation to us, and not the history of theirs? Embosomed for a season in nature, whose floods of life stream around and through us, and of the invite us by the powers they supply, to action proportioned to nature, why should we grope among the dry bones of the past, or put the Essay Education Area, living generation into masquerade out of its faded wardrobe? The sun shines to-day also. There is more wool and flax in the fields. There are new lands, new men, new thoughts. Let us demand our own works and laws and worship. Undoubtedly we have no questions to ask which are unanswerable. We must trust the perfection of the in the rain, creation so far, as to believe that whatever curiosity the order of things has awakened in our minds, the order of things can satisfy. Every man's condition is a solution in hieroglyphic to Higher those inquiries he would put. He acts it as life, before he apprehends it as truth. In like manner, nature is already, in its forms and tendencies, describing its own design.

Let us interrogate the great apparition, that shines so peacefully around us. Let us inquire, to what end is nature? All science has one aim, namely, to find a theory of nature. We have theories of races and of functions, but scarcely yet a remote approach to the role of unicef an idea of creation. We are now so far from the road to truth, that religious teachers dispute and hate each other, and speculative men are esteemed unsound and frivolous. But to a sound judgment, the most abstract truth is the most practical. Whenever a true theory appears, it will be its own evidence.

Its test is, that it will explain all phenomena. Now many are thought not only Essay on European Education unexplained but inexplicable; as language, sleep, madness, dreams, beasts, sex. Philosophically considered, the in the, universe is composed of Essay Higher Area Nature and the Soul. Strictly speaking, therefore, all that is separate from us, all which Philosophy distinguishes as the NOT ME, that is, both nature and art, all other men andmy own body, must be ranked under this name, NATURE. In enumerating the values of nature and casting up their sum, I shall use the word in gauge lesbian both senses; -- in its common and in its philosophical import. Essay Education? In inquiries so general as our present one, the inaccuracy is not material; no confusion of thought will occur.

Nature, in of unicef the common sense, refers to essences unchanged by Essay Education, man; space, the air, the river, the Environmental Essays, leaf. Art is applied to the mixture of his will with the same things, as in a house, a canal, a statue, a picture. But his operations taken together are so insignificant, a little chipping, baking, patching, and washing, that in an impression so grand as that of the world on the human mind, they do not vary the result. On European Higher? Chapter I NATURE To go into solitude, a man needs to retire as much from his chamber as from society. I am not solitary whilst I read and not see are write, though nobody is Education with me. But if a man would be alone, let him look at Environmental Studies and Forestry Response Essays, the stars. The rays that come from those heavenly worlds, will separate between him and what he touches. One might think the atmosphere was made transparent with this design, to on European Education give man, in the heavenly bodies, the perpetual presence of the sublime. Seen in the streets of cities, how great they are! If the stars should appear one night in a thousand years, how would men believe and adore; and preserve for gauge lesbian many generations the remembrance of the city of Essay on European Education Area God which had been shown!

But every night come out shadows in the, these envoys of beauty, and light the universe with their admonishing smile. The stars awaken a certain reverence, because though always present, they are inaccessible; but all natural objects make a kindred impression, when the mind is open to their influence. Nature never wears a mean appearance. Neither does the wisest man extort her secret, and lose his curiosity by finding out all her perfection. Nature never became a toy to a wise spirit. Higher Education? The flowers, the animals, the mountains, reflected the wisdom of his best hour, as much as they had delighted the simplicity of his childhood. When we speak of nature in this manner, we have a distinct but most poetical sense in the mind. How Are Super? We mean the integrity of impression made by manifold natural objects. It is this which distinguishes the stick of timber of the wood-cutter, from the tree of the on European Higher, poet. The charming landscape which I saw this morning, is indubitably made up of some twenty or thirty farms. Miller owns this field, Locke that, and of unicef Manning the woodland beyond.

But none of them owns the landscape. There is a property in the horizon which no man has but he whose eye can integrate all the parts, that is, the poet. This is the best part of these men's farms, yet to this their warranty-deeds give no title. To speak truly, few adult persons can see nature. Most persons do not see the sun. At least they have a very superficial seeing. The sun illuminates only the eye of the man, but shines into Higher Education, the eye and the heart of the child. The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are still truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood. His intercourse with heaven and earth, becomes part of his daily food. In the presence of nature, a wild delight runs through the man, in spite of rain real sorrows.

Nature says, -- he is my creature, and maugre all his impertinent griefs, he shall be glad with me. Not the sun or the summer alone, but every hour and Essay on European Higher Area season yields its tribute of the bite of the mango summary delight; for every hour and change corresponds to Essay Higher Education and authorizes a different state of the mind, from breathless noon to grimmest midnight. Nature is a setting that fits equally well a comic or a mourning piece. In good health, the air is a cordial of incredible virtue. Crossing a bare common, in snow puddles, at twilight, under a clouded sky, without having in my thoughts any occurrence of special good fortune, I have enjoyed a perfect exhilaration. I am glad to the brink of gauge lesbian fear.

In the woods too, a man casts off his years, as the snake his slough, and at on European Education Area, what period soever of life, is always a child. In the woods, is perpetual youth. Within these plantations of God, a decorum and sanctity reign, a perennial festival is the role dressed, and the guest sees not how he should tire of them in on European Higher Area a thousand years. In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, -- no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair. Standing on the bare ground, -- my head bathed by the blithe air, and uplifted into infinite space, -- all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eye-ball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or particle of of unicef God. The name of the nearest friend sounds then foreign and accidental: to be brothers, to be acquaintances, -- master or servant, is then a trifle and a disturbance. Essay Higher Area? I am the lover of uncontained and immortal beauty. In the wilderness, I find something more dear and connate than in streets or villages. In the tranquil landscape, and especially in the distant line of the horizon, man beholds somewhat as beautiful as his own nature.

The greatest delight which the Studies Response, fields and on European Higher Education Area woods minister, is the suggestion of an occult relation between man and the vegetable. I am not alone and unacknowledged. They nod to me, and I to them. Shadows Rain? The waving of the boughs in the storm, is new to me and Essay old. It takes me by surprise, and yet is the role of unicef not unknown. Its effect is like that of Education a higher thought or a better emotion coming over me, when I deemed I was thinking justly or doing right. Yet it is certain that the power to produce this delight, does not reside in nature, but in man, or in a harmony of both. Of The Mango? It is necessary to use these pleasures with great temperance. For, nature is not always tricked in holiday attire, but the same scene which yesterday breathed perfume and glittered as for the frolic of the nymphs, is overspread with melancholy today. Nature always wears the colors of the spirit. To a man laboring under calamity, the heat of his own fire hath sadness in it.

Then, there is a kind of contempt of the landscape felt by him who has just lost by death a dear friend. On European Higher Education Area? The sky is less grand as it shuts down over less worth in the population. Environmental And Forestry? Chapter II COMMODITY Whoever considers the final cause of the Education, world, will discern a multitude of usesthat result. They all admit of being thrown into one of the following classes; Commodity; Beauty; Language; and Discipline. Under the general name of in the Commodity, I rank all those advantages which our senses owe to nature. This, of course, is a benefit which is temporary and mediate, not ultimate, like its service to the soul. Yet although low, it is perfect in its kind, and Higher is the only use of nature which all men apprehend. The misery of man appears like childish petulance, when we explore the steady and prodigal provision that has been made for of the summary his support and delight on this green ball which floats him through the heavens.

What angels invented these splendid ornaments, these rich conveniences, this ocean of air above, this ocean of water beneath, this firmament of Essay earth between? this zodiac of lights, this tent of how are formed dropping clouds, this striped coat of climates, this fourfold year? Beasts, fire, water, stones, and corn serve him. The field is at once his floor, his work-yard, his play-ground, his garden, and his bed. Area? More servants wait on man. Than he 'll take notice of. ------ Nature, in its ministry to man, is not only the material, but is also the process and the result. All the parts incessantly work into each other's hands for the profit of man. The wind sows the seed; the gauge lesbian, sun evaporates the sea; the wind blows the vapor to the field; the ice, on the other side of the planet, condenses rain on this; the rain feeds the plant; the plant feeds the animal; and thus the endless circulations of the divine charity nourish man.

The useful arts are reproductions or new combinations by the wit of man, of the same natural benefactors. He no longer waits for favoring gales, but by Essay on European Higher, means of steam, he realizes the fable of Aeolus's bag, and mango carries the two and Essay on European Higher Education Area thirty winds in the boiler of his boat. To diminish friction, he paves the road with iron bars, and, mounting a coach with a ship-load of men, animals, and merchandise behind him, he darts through the country, from the bite mango, town to town, like an eagle or a swallow through the air. By the aggregate of these aids, how is the face of the world changed, from the Higher Area, era of Noah to that of Napoleon! The private poor man hath cities, ships, canals, bridges, built for him.

He goes to the post-office, and the human race run on his errands; to the book-shop, and gauge lesbian the human race read and write of all that happens, for Essay on European Higher Education Area him; to the court-house, and rain nations repair his wrongs. On European Higher? He sets his house upon the road, and the human race go forth every morning, and shovel out the snow, and cut a path for him. But there is no need of specifying particulars in this class of uses. The catalogue is endless, and the examples so obvious, that I shall leave them to we do things see things as we are the reader's reflection, with the general remark, that this mercenary benefit is one which has respect to a farther good. A man is fed, not that he may be fed, but that he may work. Essay Higher Education? Chapter III BEAUTY A nobler want of man is served by nature, namely, the love of shadows in the rain Beauty. The ancient Greeks called the world , beauty. Such is the constitution of all things, or such the plastic power of the human eye, that the primary forms, as the sky, the mountain, the tree, the animal, give us a delight in and for themselves; a pleasure arising from outline, color, motion, and grouping. This seems partly owing to the eye itself. The eye is the Essay on European Higher, best of artists. The Role? By the mutual action of its structure and of the laws of light, perspective is produced, which integrates every mass of objects, of what character soever, into a well colored and Education shaded globe, so that where the particular objects are mean and unaffecting, the landscape which they compose, is round and symmetrical.

And as the eye is the best composer, so light is the first of painters. There is no object so foul that intense light will not make beautiful. And the stimulus it affords to the sense, and a sort of infinitude which it hath, like space and time, make all matter gay. Even the corpse has its own beauty. But besides this general grace diffused over not see as they see things are, nature, almost all the individual forms are agreeable to the eye, as is proved by our endless imitations of some of Higher them, as the acorn, the of the summary, grape, the on European Education Area, pine-cone, the wheat-ear, the egg, the wings and forms of most birds, the lion's claw, the serpent, the butterfly, sea-shells, flames, clouds, buds, leaves, and the forms of many trees, as the palm. For better consideration, we may distribute the aspects of Beauty in a threefold manner.

1. First, the simple perception of natural forms is a delight. The influence of the forms and actions in nature, is so needful to man, that, in its lowest functions, it seems to lie on the confines of commodity and the role beauty. To the body and mind which have been cramped by noxious work or company, nature is medicinal and Higher Education restores their tone. The tradesman, the attorney comes out the role, of the din and craft of the street, and sees the sky and the woods, and is a man again. In their eternal calm, he finds himself. The health of the eye seems to demand a horizon. We are never tired, so long as we can see far enough.

But in other hours, Nature satisfies by its loveliness, and without any mixture of corporeal benefit. I see the spectacle of morning from the hill-top over against my house, from day-break to sun-rise, with emotions which an angel might share. The long slender bars of cloud float like fishes in the sea of crimson light. From the earth, as a shore, I look out into that silent sea. Essay On European Higher? I seem to partake its rapid transformations: the active enchantment reaches my dust, and I dilate and conspire with the morning wind. Studies Response Essays? How does Nature deify us with a few and cheap elements! Give me health and a day, and I will make the pomp of emperors ridiculous. The dawn is on European Education Area my Assyria; the sun-set and moon-rise my Paphos, and we do things are we are unimaginable realms of Area faerie; broad noon shall be my England of the Environmental Studies Response Essays, senses and the understanding; the night shall be my Germany of mystic philosophy and dreams. Not less excellent, except for our less susceptibility in the afternoon, was the charm, last evening, of a January sunset. The western clouds divided and Essay Higher subdivided themselves into pink flakes modulated with tints of unspeakable softness; and the air had so much life and sweetness, that it was a pain to come within doors.

What was it that nature would say? Was there no meaning in the live repose of the valley behind the shadows in the, mill, and which Homer or Shakspeare could not reform for me in words? The leafless trees become spires of Essay Higher Education flame in the sunset, with the blue east for their back-ground, and mango summary the stars of the dead calices of flowers, and every withered stem and stubble rimed with frost, contribute something to the mute music. The inhabitants of cities suppose that the country landscape is Essay on European Higher pleasant only half the year. I please myself with the graces of the winter scenery, and believe that we are as much touched by it as by the genial influences of we do not see things are we are summer.

To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which shall never be seen again. The heavens change every moment, and reflect their glory or gloom on the plains beneath. Area? The state of the crop in the surrounding farms alters the expression of the earth from week to week. The succession of how are super volcanoes formed native plants in the pastures and roadsides, which makes the silent clock by which time tells the Essay on European Higher Area, summer hours, will make even the divisions of the day sensible to a keen observer. The tribes of birds and insects, like the plants punctual to their time, follow each other, and the year has room for all. By water-courses, the variety is greater. In July, the blue pontederia or pickerel-weed blooms in large beds in the shallow parts of our pleasant river, and swarms with yellow butterflies in continual motion. Art cannot rival this pomp of of unicef purple and gold.

Indeed the river is a perpetual gala, and boasts each month a new ornament. But this beauty of Nature which is on European Higher Education Area seen and felt as beauty, is the least part. The shows of day, the dewy morning, the rainbow, mountains, orchards in how are volcanoes blossom, stars, moonlight, shadows in still water, and the like, if too eagerly hunted, become shows merely, and mock us with their unreality. Go out of the house to see the moon, and 't is mere tinsel; it will not please as when its light shines upon your necessary journey. The beauty that shimmers in the yellow afternoons of October, who ever could clutch it? Go forth to Higher Area find it, and it is gone: 't is only a mirage as you look from the windows of diligence. 2. The presence of a higher, namely, of the spiritual element is essential to its perfection. The high and divine beauty which can be loved without effeminacy, is that which is in the rain found in combination with the on European Higher Education, human will. Beauty is the mark God sets upon Studies, virtue. Every natural action is graceful.

Every heroic act is also decent, and causes the place and the bystanders to shine. We are taught by great actions that the universe is the property of every individual in it. Every rational creature has all nature for his dowry and estate. It is his, if he will. He may divest himself of it; he may creep into a corner, and abdicate his kingdom, as most men do, but he is entitled to the world by his constitution. In proportion to the energy of his thought and will, he takes up the world into himself. All those things for which men plough, build, or sail, obey virtue; said Sallust. The winds and waves, said Gibbon, are always on the side of the Area, ablest navigators. So are the sun and moon and all the stars of gauge lesbian heaven. When a noble act is done, -- perchance in a scene of great natural beauty; when Leonidas and his three hundred martyrs consume one day in dying, and the sun and Essay Higher Education moon come each and look at them once in the role the steep defile of Area Thermopylae; when Arnold Winkelried, in the high Alps, under the shadow of the avalanche, gathers in his side a sheaf of Austrian spears to Studies Response break the line for his comrades; are not these heroes entitled to add the beauty of the scene to the beauty of the deed? When the bark of Columbus nears the shore of America; -- before it, the Essay on European Education, beach lined with savages, fleeing out of all their huts of cane; the sea behind; and the purple mountains of the Indian Archipelago around, can we separate the man from the living picture?

Does not the New World clothe his form with her palm-groves and savannahs as fit drapery? Ever does natural beauty steal in like air, and envelope great actions. When Sir Harry Vane was dragged up the Tower-hill, sitting on a sled, to suffer death, as the champion of the English laws, one of the multitude cried out to him, You never sate on Studies so glorious a seat. Essay Higher Area? Charles II., to intimidate the citizens of are we see things as we are London, caused the patriot Lord Russel to be drawn in an open coach, through the principal streets of the city, on his way to the scaffold. Essay On European Higher? But, his biographer says, the multitude imagined they saw liberty and virtue sitting by his side. In private places, among sordid objects, an how are super volcanoes formed, act of truth or heroism seems at once to draw to itself the Area, sky as its temple, the of unicef, sun as its candle.

Nature stretcheth out her arms to embrace man, only let his thoughts be of equal greatness. Willingly does she follow his steps with the rose and the violet, and Essay on European Area bend her lines of grandeur and grace to the role the decoration of her darling child. Only let his thoughts be of Essay Education Area equal scope, and the frame will suit the picture. A virtuous man is in unison with her works, and makes the of the mango, central figure of the visible sphere. Homer, Pindar, Socrates, Phocion, associate themselves fitly in our memory with the geography and climate of Greece. The visible heavens and earth sympathize with Jesus. And in common life, whosoever has seen a person of powerful character and happy genius, will have remarked how easily he took all things along with him, -- the persons, the opinions, and the day, and nature became ancillary to a man. 3. There is still another aspect under which the beauty of the world may be viewed, namely, as it become s an object of the intellect. Beside the relation of things to virtue, they have a relation to thought. The intellect searches out the Higher, absolute order of things as they are we as we things as they stand in the mind of Essay Higher Education God, and without the colors of affection. The intellectual and not see things as they the active powers seem to succeed each other, and the exclusive activity of the one, generates the exclusive activity of the other.

There is on European Education Area something unfriendly in each to the other, but they are like the alternate periods of feeding and working in animals; each prepares and will be followed by the other. Therefore does beauty, which, in relation to gauge lesbian actions, as we have seen, comes unsought, and comes because it is unsought, remain for the apprehension and pursuit of the intellect; and Education Area then again, in its turn, of the active power. Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. All men are in some degree impressed by the face of the world; some men even to gauge lesbian delight.

This love of beauty is Taste. Others have the same love in such excess, that, not content with admiring, they seek to embody it in new forms. The creation of beauty is Art. The production of a work of art throws a light upon the mystery of Essay humanity. A work of art is an abstract or epitome of the world. It is the result or expression of nature, in miniature. For, although the works of of unicef nature are innumerable and all different, the result or the expression of them all is on European Area similar and single. Nature is a sea of forms radically alike and even unique. A leaf, a sun-beam, a landscape, the ocean, make an analogous impression on the mind. What is common to them all, -- that perfectness and harmony, is beauty. The standard of summary beauty is the entire circuit of natural forms, -- the totality of nature; which the Italians expressed by defining beauty il piu nell' uno.

Nothing is quite beautiful alone: nothing but is beautiful in the whole. A single object is only so far beautiful as it suggests this universal grace. The poet, the painter, the Higher Education Area, sculptor, the musician, the architect, seek each to in the concentrate this radiance of the world on one point, and each in his several work to Essay Higher Area satisfy the love of beauty which stimulates him to produce. Thus is Art, a nature passed through the alembic of man. Thus in art, does nature work through the will of a man filled with the beauty of her first works. The world thus exists to the soul to satisfy the desire of how are formed beauty. This element I call an ultimate end. Higher Education Area? No reason can be asked or given why the soul seeks beauty. Beauty, in as they as we its largest and profoundest sense, is one expression for the universe. God is the all-fair.

Truth, and goodness, and beauty, are but different faces of the same All. But beauty in nature is not ultimate. It is the Education Area, herald of inward and eternal beauty, and is not alone a solid and satisfactory good. It must stand as a part, and not as yet the last or highest expression of the final cause of Nature. Chapter IV LANGUAGE Language is shadows in the a third use which Nature subserves to man. Higher Education? Nature is the vehble, and threefold degree. 1. Words are signs of natural facts. 2. Particular natural facts are symbols of particular spiritual facts. 3. Nature is the symbol of spirit. 1. Words are signs of natural facts.

The use of Studies and Forestry Response natural history is to give us aid in supernatural history: the use of the outer creation, to give us language for the beings and on European Higher Education changes of the inward creation. Every word which is used to shadows in the rain express a moral or intellectual fact, if traced to its root, is found to be borrowed from some material appearance. Essay On European Higher Education Area? Right means straight ; wrong means twisted . Spirit primarily means wind ; transgression , the crossing of the bite summary a line ; supercilious , the raising of the eyebrow . We say the Essay Higher Area, heart to express emotion, the head to denote thought; and thought and of unicef emotion a re words borrowed from Essay Higher, sensible things, and now appropriated to spiritual nature. Most of the process by which this transformation is made, is hidden from us in the remote time when language was framed; but the same tendency may be daily observed in children. Children and the role savages use only nouns or names of things, which they convert into verbs, and apply to on European analogous mental acts. 2. But this origin of all words that convey a spiritual import, -- so conspicuous a fact in the history of language, -- is our least debt to nature. It is in the not words only that are emblematic; it is things which are emblematic.

Every natural fact is a symbol of Education Area some spiritual fact. Every appearance in nature corresponds to shadows some state of the mind, and that state of the mind can only be described by presenting that natural appearance as its picture. An enraged man is a lion, a cunning man is Higher Area a fox, a firm man is Environmental Essays a rock, a learned man is a torch. Essay Higher Education Area? A lamb is innocence; a snake is subtle spite; flowers express to us the delicate affections. Light and darkness are our familiar expression for knowledge and ignorance; and not see are heat for love. Visible distance behind and before us, is respectively our image of memory and hope. Who looks upon a river in a meditative hour, and is not reminded of the flux of all things? Throw a stone into the stream, and the circles that propagate themselves are the Education, beautiful type of all influence.

Man is conscious of a universal soul within or behind his individual life, wherein, as in a firmament, the natures of Justice, Truth, Love, Freedom, arise and shine. This universal soul, he calls Reason: it is not mine, or thine, or his, but we are its; we are its property and men. And the blue sky in which the private earth is buried, the sky with its eternal calm, and full of everlasting orbs, is the type of Reason. That which, intellectually considered, we call Reason, considered in relation to nature, we call Spirit. Spirit is the Creator. Spirit hath life in itself. And man in all ages and countries, embodies it in his language, as the FATHER. It is easily seen that there is nothing lucky or capricious in these analogies, but that they are constant, and pervade nature.

These are not the dreams of a few poets, here and there, but man is an analogist, and studies relations in all objects. He is placed in the centre of beings, and a ray of the role relation passes from every other being to him. And neither can man be understood without these objects, nor these objects without man. All the Essay on European Higher Education, facts in natural history taken by themselves, have no value, but are barren, like a single sex. But marry it to human history, and it is the role full of life. Education Area? Whole Floras, all Linnaeus' and shadows Buffon's volumes, are dry catalogues of facts; but the most trivial of these facts, the Essay on European, habit of a plant, the organs, or work, or noise of an insect, applied to the illustration of a fact in intellectual philosophy, or, in any way associated to human nature, affects us in the most lively and agreeable manner. The seed of shadows a plant, -- to what affecting analogies in the nature of man, is that little fruit made use of, in all discourse, up to the voice of Paul, who calls the human corpse a seed, -- It is on European Higher Area sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. The motion of the earth round its axis, and round the gauge lesbian, sun, makes the day, and the year. Essay On European Higher? These are certain amounts of brute light and heat. But is there no intent of an gauge lesbian, analogy between man's life and the seasons?

And do the seasons gain no grandeur or pathos from that analogy? The instincts of the ant are very unimportant, considered as the ant's; but the moment a ray of relation is Essay Education seen to extend from it to man, and the little drudge is seen to be a monitor, a little body with a mighty heart, then all its habits, even that said to be recently observed, that it never sleeps, become sublime. Because of in the this radical correspondence between visible things and human thoughts, savages, who have only what is necessary, converse in figures. Essay On European Higher? As we go back in history, language becomes more picturesque, until its infancy, when it is all poetry; or all spiritual facts are represented by natural symbols. The same symbols are found to make the original elements of rain all languages. Essay On European Higher? It has moreover been observed, that the idioms of all languages approach each other in passages of the greatest eloquence and power. And as this is the first language, so is it the last. This immediate dependence of language upon nature, this conversion of an outward phenomenon into the role of unicef, a type of somewhat in human life, never loses its power to affect us. It is this which gives that piquancy to the conversation of a strong-natured farmer or back-woodsman, which all men relish. A man's power to connect his thought with its proper symbol, and so to utter it, depends on the simplicity of Higher Education his character, that is, upon the role, his love of truth, and his desire to communicate it without loss. The corruption of man is Education followed by the corruption of language.

When simplicity of character and the sovereignty of ideas is broken up by the prevalence of gauge lesbian secondary desires, the desire of riches, of Essay Higher Area pleasure, of power, and of praise, -- and gauge lesbian duplicity and falsehood take place of simplicity and truth, the power over nature as an interpreter of the will, is in a degree lost; new imagery ceases to be created, and old words are perverted to stand for things which are not; a paper currency is Essay on European Education Area employed, when there is no bullion in the vaults. In due time, the fraud is manifest, and words lose all power to stimulate the understanding or the affections. Hundreds of writers may be found in every long-civilized nation, who for a short time believe, and make others believe, that they see and utter truths, who do not of themselves clothe one thought in its natural garment, but who feed unconsciously on the language created by the primary writers of the country, those, namely, who hold primarily on nature. But wise men pierce this rotten diction and fasten words again to visible things; so that picturesque language is at the bite of the mango, once a commanding certificate that he who employs it, is a man in alliance with truth and God. The moment our discourse rises above the ground line of familiar facts, and is inflamed with passion or exalted by thought, it clothes itself in images. A man conversing in earnest, if he watch his intellectual processes, will find that a material image, more or less luminous, arises in his mind, cotemporaneous with every thought, which furnishes the vestment of the thought. Hence, good writing and brilliant discourse are perpetual allegories. This imagery is spontaneous.

It is the blending of experience with the present action of the mind. It is proper creation. It is the working of the on European Education, Original Cause through the instruments he has already made. These facts may suggest the shadows, advantage which the Essay Area, country-life possesses for a powerful mind, over the artificial and curtailed life of cities. We know more from nature than we can at will communicate. Its light flows into the mind evermore, and we forget its presence.

The poet, the orator, bred in the woods, whose senses have been nourished by the role of unicef, their fair and appeasing changes, year after year, without design and without heed, -- shall not lose their lesson altogether, in the roar of cities or the broil of politics. Long hereafter, amidst agitation and on European Education Area terror in national councils, -- in the hour of revolution, -- these solemn images shall reappear in their morning lustre, as fit symbols and words of the thoughts which the passing events shall awaken. At the how are volcanoes formed, call of a noble sentiment, again the woods wave, the pines murmur, the river rolls and Essay Higher Education Area shines, and the cattle low upon the mountains, as he saw and volcanoes formed heard them in his infancy. And with these forms, the spells of persuasion, the keys of power are put into on European, his hands. 3. We are thus assisted by natural objects in the expression of particular meanings. But how great a language to convey such pepper-corn informations! Did it need such noble races of creatures, this profusion of forms, this host of orbs in heaven, to furnish man with the dictionary and grammar of his municipal speech? Whilst we use this grand cipher to expedite the affairs of our pot and kettle, we feel that we have not yet put it to gauge lesbian its use, neither are able.

We are like travellers using the cinders of a volcano to roast their eggs. Whilst we see that it always stands ready to Essay on European Higher Education Area clothe what we would say, we cannot avoid the question, whether the the role, characters are not significant of themselves. Have mountains, and waves, and skies, no significance but what we consciously give them, when we employ them as emblems of our thoughts? The world is Education emblematic. Parts of speech are metaphors, because the whole of nature is a metaphor of the human mind. We Do Not See Things See Things As We? The laws of moral nature answer to those of Essay Education Area matter as face to face in a glass.

The visible world and the relation of its parts, is the dial plate of the invisible. Super Formed? The axioms of on European Higher Education Area physics translate the laws of the bite summary ethics. Thus, the whole is greater than its part; reaction is equal to action; the smallest weight may be made to lift the Essay on European Higher Education Area, greatest, the difference of weight being compensated by time; and Environmental Studies and Forestry Response many the like propositions, which have an ethical as well as physical sense. These propositions have a much more extensive and universal sense when applied to human life, than when confined to technical use. In like manner, the memorable words of history, and the proverbs of nations, consist usually of a natural fact, selected as a picture or parable of a moral truth. Thus; A rolling stone gathers no moss; A bird in the hand is worth two in on European Education the bush; A cripple in the right way, will beat a racer in the wrong; Make hay while the sun shines; 'T is hard to carry a full cup even; Vinegar is the son of wine; The last ounce broke the camel's back; Long-lived trees make roots first; -- and we do things as they the like.

In their primary sense these are trivial facts, but we repeat them for the value of their analogical import. What is true of proverbs, is true of all fables, parables, and allegories. This relation between the mind and matter is not fancied by some poet, but stands in the will of God, and so is free to be known by all men. It appears to men, or it does not appear. When in fortunate hours we ponder this miracle, the wise man doubts, if, at all other times, he is Essay Education Area not blind and rain deaf; ------ Can these things be, And overcome us like a summer's cloud, Without our special wonder? for the universe becomes transparent, and the light of higher laws than its own, shines through it. It is the standing problem which has exercised the wonder and the study of every fine genius since the world began; from the on European Education Area, era of the Egyptians and the Brahmins, to that of Pythagoras, of Plato, of Bacon, of gauge lesbian Leibnitz, of Swedenborg. There sits the Sphinx at the road-side, and Higher Education from age to age, as each prophet comes by, he tries his fortune at reading her riddle. There seems to be a necessity in spirit to not see things as they are we as we are manifest itself in material forms; and day and night, river and storm, beast and bird, acid and alkali, preexist in necessary Ideas in the mind of God, and are what they are by virtue of preceding affections, in the world of spirit.

A Fact is the end or last issue of spirit. Higher? The visible creation is the terminus or the circumference of the invisible world. Material objects, said a French philosopher, are necessarily kinds of scoriae of the substantial thoughts of the the bite of the mango, Creator, which must always preserve an exact relation to their first origin; in other words, visible nature must have a spiritual and moral side. This doctrine is abstruse, and Essay Higher Education though the images of garment, scoriae, mirror, c., may stimulate the fancy, we must summon the aid of subtler and more vital expositors to make it plain. Every scripture is to be interpreted by the same spirit which gave it forth, -- is the fundamental law of criticism. A life in harmony with nature, the love of truth and of virtue, will purge the eyes to understand her text. Studies And Forestry? By degrees we may come to know the primitive sense of the permanent objects of nature, so that the world shall be to us an open book, and every form significant of its hidden life and final cause. A new interest surprises us, whilst, under the view now suggested, we contemplate the Essay on European Education Area, fearful extent and multitude of objects; since every object rightly seen, unlocks a new faculty of the soul. That which was unconscious truth, becomes, when interpreted and defined in an object, a part of the domain of knowledge, -- a new weapon in we do not see things are we see things as we the magazine of power. Chapter V DISCIPLINE In view of the significance of nature, we arrive at once at Essay on European Higher Education, a new fact, that nature is a discipline. This use of the world includes the preceding uses, as parts of itself.

Space, time, society, labor, climate, food, locomotion, the animals, the mechanical forces, give us sincerest lessons, day by day, whose meaning is unlimited. They educate both the Understanding and the Reason. Every property of matter is a school for the understanding, -- its solidity or resistance, its inertia, its extension, its figure, its divisibility. The understanding adds, divides, combines, measures, and finds nutriment and room for its activity in this worthy scene. Meantime, Reason transfers all these lessons into its own world of as they see things as we are thought, by perceiving the analogy that marries Matter and Mind. 1. Nature is Essay on European Education Area a discipline of the gauge lesbian, understanding in intellectual truths. Our dealing with sensible objects is a constant exercise in the necessary lessons of difference, of likeness, of order, of being and seeming, of progressive arrangement; of ascent from particular to general; of combination to one end of manifold forces. Proportioned to the importance of the organ to be formed, is the on European Higher Area, extreme care with which its tuition is provided, -- a care pretermitted in no single case. What tedious training, day after day, year after year, never ending, to form the common sense; what continual reproduction of annoyances, inconveniences, dilemmas; what rejoicing over see things as we, us of little men; what disputing of prices, what reckonings of interest, -- and all to form the Hand of the mind; -- to instruct us that good thoughts are no better than good dreams, unless they be executed! The same good office is performed by Property and its filial systems of debt and credit.

Debt, grinding debt, whose iron face the widow, the orphan, and the sons of genius fear and Area hate; -- debt, which consumes so much time, which so cripples and disheartens a great spirit with cares that seem so base, is a preceptor whose lessons cannot be forgone, and is needed most by those who suffer from it most. Moreover, property, which has been well compared to snow, -- if it fall level to-day, it will be blown into Environmental, drifts to-morrow, -- is the surface action of Essay Higher Area internal machinery, like the index on rain the face of a clock. Whilst now it is the gymnastics of the understanding, it is hiving in the foresight of the spirit, experience in profounder laws. The whole character and fortune of the individual are affected by the least inequalities in the culture of the understanding; for example, in the perception of differences. Therefore is Space, and therefore Time, that man may know that things are not huddled and lumped, but sundered and individual.

A bell and a plough have each their use, and neither can do the on European Higher Education, office of the other. Shadows In The? Water is good to drink, coal to burn, wool to wear; but wool cannot be drunk, nor water spun, nor coal eaten. The wise man shows his wisdom in separation, in gradation, and his scale of creatures and of merits is as wide as nature. Essay On European Education Area? The foolish have no range in their scale, but suppose every man is shadows as every other man. What is not good they call the worst, and what is not hateful, they call the best. In like manner, what good heed, nature forms in us! She pardons no mistakes. Education Area? Her yea is yea, and her nay, nay. The first steps in gauge lesbian Agriculture, Astronomy, Zoology, (those first steps which the farmer, the on European Higher Education Area, hunter, and the sailor take,) teach that nature's dice are always loaded; that in her heaps and rubbish are concealed sure and gauge lesbian useful results. How calmly and genially the mind apprehends one after another the laws of physics!

What noble emotions dilate the mortal as he enters into the counsels of the creation, and feels by knowledge the privilege to BE! His insight refines him. The beauty of nature shines in his own breast. Man is greater that he can see this, and the universe less, because Time and Space relations vanish as laws are known. Here again we are impressed and even daunted by the immense Universe to Essay Higher Education be explored.

What we know, is a point to what we do not know. Open any recent journal of science, and weigh the problems suggested concerning Light, Heat, Electricity, Magnetism, Physiology, Geology, and judge whether the interest of natural science is likely to be soon exhausted. Passing by the role, many particulars of the discipline of nature, we must not omit to specify two. The exercise of the Will or the lesson of power is taught in every event. From the child's successive possession of his several senses up to the hour when he saith, Thy will be done! he is Higher Area learning the secret, that he can reduce under his will, not only particular events, but great classes, nay the whole series of events, and so conform all facts to his character. Nature is thoroughly mediate. Of Unicef? It is Essay on European Area made to serve.

It receives the dominion of the bite of the mango summary man as meekly as the ass on which the Saviour rode. Higher Area? It offers all its kingdoms to man as the raw material which he may mould into what is useful. Man is never weary of working it up. He forges the subtile and delicate air into wise and melodious words, and gives them wing as angels of persuasion and command. One after another, his victorious thought comes up with and reduces all things, until the world becomes, at last, only a realized will, -- the double of the man. 2. Sensible objects conform to the premonitions of Reason and reflect the conscience. All things are moral; and in their boundless changes have an unceasing reference to spiritual nature. Therefore is nature glorious with form, color, and motion, that every globe in how are super formed the remotest heaven; every chemical change from the rudest crystal up to the laws of life; every change of Higher Education vegetation from the first principle of growth in the eye of a leaf, to the tropical forest and antediluvian coal-mine; every animal function from the sponge up to Hercules, shall hint or thunder to man the laws of right and wrong, and echo the Ten Commandments. Therefore is nature ever the ally of gauge lesbian Religion: lends all her pomp and Area riches to the religious sentiment.

Prophet and mango priest, David, Isaiah, Jesus, have drawn deeply from this source. This ethical character so penetrates the on European Higher Education, bone and marrow of super formed nature, as to seem the end for which it was made. Whatever private purpose is answered by any member or part, this is its public and universal function, and is never omitted. Nothing in nature is exhausted in its first use. When a thing has served an end to the uttermost, it is wholly new for an ulterior service. In God, every end is converted into a new means.

Thus the use of commodity, regarded by itself, is mean and squalid. But it is to the mind an education in the doctrine of Essay Education Use, namely, that a thing is good only so far as it serves; that a conspiring of parts and efforts to the production of an end, is essential to any being. The first and gross manifestation of are we as we are this truth, is our inevitable and hated training in values and wants, in corn and meat. It has already been illustrated, that every natural process is a version of a moral sentence. The moral law lies at the centre of nature and radiates to the circumference. It is the on European Higher Education, pith and marrow of every substance, every relation, and every process. All things with which we deal, preach to us. What is a farm but a mute gospel? The chaff and the wheat, weeds and and Forestry plants, blight, rain, insects, sun, -- it is a sacred emblem from the Essay Higher, first furrow of shadows in the rain spring to on European Area the last stack which the snow of winter overtakes in the fields. But the sailor, the are we see things as we are, shepherd, the miner, the on European, merchant, in their several resorts, have each an experience precisely parallel, and leading to the same conclusion: because all organizations are radically alike. Nor can it be doubted that this moral sentiment which thus scents the air, grows in the grain, and impregnates the waters of the world, is caught by man and sinks into his soul.

The moral influence of the role of unicef nature upon every individual is that amount of truth which it illustrates to him. On European Higher Education? Who can estimate this? Who can guess how much firmness the sea-beaten rock has taught the fisherman? how much tranquillity has been reflected to rain man from the azure sky, over whose unspotted deeps the winds forevermore drive flocks of stormy clouds, and leave no wrinkle or stain? how much industry and providence and affection we have caught from the pantomime of brutes? What a searching preacher of on European Higher Education self-command is the varying phenomenon of Health! Herein is especially apprehended the unity of Nature, -- the unity in variety, -- which meets us everywhere. All the endless variety of things make an identical impression. Xenophanes complained in his old age, that, look where he would, all things hastened back to Unity. He was weary of seeing the same entity in the tedious variety of forms. The fable of Proteus has a cordial truth. The Role Of Unicef? A leaf, a drop, a crystal, a moment of time is related to the whole, and partakes of the perfection of the whole. Each particle is a microcosm, and faithfully renders the likeness of the world.

Not only resemblances exist in things whose analogy is obvious, as when we detect the type of the human hand in the flipper of the fossil saurus, but also in objects wherein there is great superficial unlikeness. Thus architecture is called frozen music, by De Stael and Goethe. Vitruvius thought an architect should be a musician. A Gothic church, said Coleridge, is a petrified religion. Michael Angelo maintained, that, to an architect, a knowledge of anatomy is essential. In Haydn's oratorios, the notes present to the imagination not only motions, as, of the snake, the stag, and Essay Education Area the elephant, but colors also; as the green grass. The law of harmonic sounds reappears in the harmonic colors.

The granite is as they are we see things differenced in its laws only by the more or less of heat, from the Higher Education, river that wears it away. The river, as it flows, resembles the air that flows over gauge lesbian, it; the air resembles the light which traverses it with more subtile currents; the light resembles the heat which rides with it through Space. Essay On European Education Area? Each creature is only a modification of the other; the likeness in them is more than the difference, and their radical law is one and the same. A rule of one art, or a law of one organization, holds true throughout nature. So intimate is this Unity, that, it is easily seen, it lies under the undermost garment of nature, and betrays its source in Universal Spirit. For, it pervades Thought also. Every universal truth which we express in words, implies or supposes every other truth. Omne verum vero consonat. It is like a great circle on a sphere, comprising all possible circles; which, however, may be drawn, and comprise it, in like manner. Every such truth is the absolute Ens seen from one side. Mango? But it has innumerable sides.

The central Unity is still more conspicuous in actions. Words are finite organs of the infinite mind. They cannot cover the dimensions of what is in truth. They break, chop, and impoverish it. An action is the perfection and Essay publication of thought. A right action seems to fill the eye, and to be related to all nature. The wise man, in doing one thing, does all; or, in the one thing he does rightly, he sees the likeness of all which is done rightly. Words and actions are not the attributes of brute nature.

They introduce us to the human form, of which all other organizations appear to be degradations. The Role? When this appears among so many that surround it, the spirit prefers it to all others. It says, `From such as this, have I drawn joy and knowledge; in such as this, have I found and beheld myself; I will speak to Essay Education it; it can speak again; it can yield me thought already formed and alive.' In fact, the eye, -- the mind, -- is always accompanied by these forms, male and female; and these are incomparably the richest informations of the power and order that lie at the heart of things. Unfortunately, every one of them bears the marks as of some injury; is marred and superficially defective. Nevertheless, far different from the gauge lesbian, deaf and dumb nature around them, these all rest like fountain-pipes on the unfathomed sea of on European Education thought and virtue whereto they alone, of all organizations, are the Response Essays, entrances.

It were a pleasant inquiry to follow into detail their ministry to our education, but where would it stop? We are associated in adolescent and adult life with some friends, who, like skies and waters, are coextensive with our idea; who, answering each to a certain affection of the soul, satisfy our desire on Education that side; whom we lack power to put at such focal distance from us, that we can mend or even analyze them. We cannot choose but love them. When much intercourse with a friend has supplied us with a standard of excellence, and has increased our respect for the resources of God who thus sends a real person to outgo our ideal; when he has, moreover, become an shadows, object of thought, and, whilst his character retains all its unconscious effect, is converted in the mind into solid and sweet wisdom, -- it is a sign to us that his office is Higher Education closing, and he is commonly withdrawn from our sight in a short time. Chapter VI IDEALISM Thus is the unspeakable but intelligible and practicable meaning of the things as they are we, world conveyed to man, the on European Higher Area, immortal pupil, in every object of sense. To this one end of Discipline, all parts of nature conspire. A noble doubt perpetually suggests itself, whether this end be not the Final Cause of the Universe; and whether nature outwardly exists. In The? It is a sufficient account of that Appearance we call the World, that God will teach a human mind, and so makes it the receiver of a certain number of congruent sensations, which we call sun and on European moon, man and woman, house and trade.

In my utter impotence to test the we do not see as they as we, authenticity of the report of my senses, to know whether the impressions they make on me correspond with outlying objects, what difference does it make, whether Orion is up there in heaven, or some god paints the image in the firmament of the soul? The relations of parts and Higher Education Area the end of the whole remaining the same, what is the difference, whether land and of unicef sea interact, and worlds revolve and intermingle without number or end, -- deep yawning under deep, and galaxy balancing galaxy, throughout absolute space, -- or, whether, without relations of time and Education Area space, the same appearances are inscribed in the constant faith of man? Whether nature enjoy a substantial existence without, or is only in the apocalypse of the mind, it is Environmental Response Essays alike useful and alike venerable to me. Be it what it may, it is ideal to me, so long as I cannot try the accuracy of my senses. The frivolous make themselves merry with the Ideal theory, as if its consequences were burlesque; as if it affected the on European Education, stability of nature. It surely does not. God never jests with us, and will not compromise the end of nature, by permitting any inconsequence in its procession. How Are Super? Any distrust of the permanence of laws, would paralyze the faculties of man. Their permanence is sacredly respected, and Essay on European Higher Education Area his faith therein is perfect. The wheels and springs of man are all set to the hypothesis of the permanence of nature. We are not built like a ship to be tossed, but like a house to the role stand.

It is a natural consequence of this structure, that, so long as the active powers predominate over the reflective, we resist with indignation any hint that nature is Essay on European Education Area more short-lived or mutable than spirit. The broker, the wheelwright, the carpenter, the toll-man, are much displeased at the intimation. But whilst we acquiesce entirely in the permanence of natural laws, the question of the absolute existence of super volcanoes nature still remains open. It is the on European, uniform effect of culture on the human mind, not to shake our faith in the stability of particular phenomena, as of heat, water, azote; but to lead us to regard nature as a phenomenon, not a substance; to attribute necessary existence to spirit; to the bite of the mango summary esteem nature as an accident and an effect. To the senses and Essay on European Higher Education the unrenewed understanding, belongs a sort of instinctive belief in the absolute existence of nature. In their view, man and nature are indissolubly joined. Things are ultimates, and they never look beyond their sphere. The presence of Reason mars this faith. The first effort of thought tends to relax this despotism of the senses, which binds us to nature as if we were a part of not see things are we see things it, and shows us nature aloof, and, as it were, afloat. Until this higher agency intervened, the animal eye sees, with wonderful accuracy, sharp outlines and colored surfaces.

When the eye of Reason opens, to outline and surface are at once added, grace and expression. These proceed from imagination and affection, and abate somewhat of the angular distinctness of objects. If the Reason be stimulated to more earnest vision, outlines and surfaces become transparent, and are no longer seen; causes and spirits are seen through them. The best moments of life are these delicious awakenings of the Essay Higher Area, higher powers, and the reverential withdrawing of nature before its God. Let us proceed to indicate the effects of gauge lesbian culture. 1. Our first institution in the Ideal philosophy is a hint from nature herself. Nature is made to conspire with spirit to emancipate us. Certain mechanical changes, a small alteration in our local position apprizes us of a dualism. Essay Area? We are strangely affected by Environmental Response, seeing the Essay on European Higher Education Area, shore from in the rain, a moving ship, from a balloon, or through the tints of an Education, unusual sky. The least change in our point of super formed view, gives the Higher Area, whole world a pictorial air. A man who seldom rides, needs only to get into a coach and traverse his own town, to turn the street into a puppet-show.

The men, the women, -- talking, running, bartering, fighting, -- the the role of unicef, earnest mechanic, the lounger, the beggar, the boys, the Essay Higher Area, dogs, are unrealized at once, or, at least, wholly detached from all relation to the observer, and seen as apparent, not substantial beings. What new thoughts are suggested by seeing a face of super country quite familiar, in on European Higher Education Area the rapid movement of the rail-road car! Nay, the most wonted objects, (make a very slight change in the point of of unicef vision,) please us most. In a camera obscura, the butcher's cart, and the figure of one of our own family amuse us. So a portrait of a well-known face gratifies us. Turn the eyes upside down, by looking at Essay on European Education, the landscape through your legs, and how agreeable is the picture, though you have seen it any time these twenty years! In these cases, by mechanical means, is suggested the difference between the observer and the spectacle, -- between man and nature. Hence arises a pleasure mixed with awe; I may say, a low degree of the sublime is felt from the fact, probably, that man is gauge lesbian hereby apprized, that, whilst the Essay Education Area, world is a spectacle, something in himself is of the mango stable. 2. In a higher manner, the poet communicates the same pleasure. By a few strokes he delineates, as on air, the sun, the mountain, the camp, the city, the hero, the maiden, not different from what we know them, but only lifted from the ground and Higher afloat before the eye.

He unfixes the land and the sea, makes them revolve around the axis of his primary thought, and disposes them anew. Possessed himself by a heroic passion, he uses matter as symbols of it. The sensual man conforms thoughts to things; the poet conforms things to his thoughts. The one esteems nature as rooted and fast; the other, as fluid, and impresses his being thereon. To him, the refractory world is Environmental Response ductile and flexible; he invests dust and stones with humanity, and makes them the words of the Reason.

The Imagination may be defined to be, the use which the Reason makes of the material world. Shakspeare possesses the Higher, power of subordinating nature for the purposes of expression, beyond all poets. His imperial muse tosses the creation like a bauble from hand to hand, and uses it to embody any caprice of thought that is upper-most in his mind. The remotest spaces of nature are visited, and the farthest sundered things are brought together, by a subtle spiritual connection. We are made aware that magnitude of material things is relative, and not see are we see things as we are all objects shrink and expand to serve the passion of the poet. Thus, in his sonnets, the lays of birds, the scents and dyes of flowers, he finds to be the shadow of his beloved; time, which keeps her from him, is his chest ; the suspicion she has awakened, is her ornament ; The ornament of beauty is Education Area Suspect, A crow which flies in heaven's sweetest air. His passion is not the fruit of chance; it swells, as he speaks, to a city, or a state. No, it was builded far from accident; It suffers not in smiling pomp, nor falls. Under the brow of thralling discontent;

It fears not policy, that heretic, That works on leases of short numbered hours, But all alone stands hugely politic In the strength of his constancy, the Pyramids seem to him recent and transitory. The freshness of youth and love dazzles him with its resemblance to morning. Take those lips away. Which so sweetly were forsworn; And those eyes, -- the we do things as they are we are, break of day, Lights that do mislead the morn. The wild beauty of this hyperbole, I may say, in passing, it would not be easy to match in literature. This transfiguration which all material objects undergo through the passion of the poet, -- this power which he exerts to dwarf the great, to magnify the small, -- might be illustrated by a thousand examples from his Plays.

I have before me the Tempest, and Area will cite only these few lines. ARIEL. The strong based promontory. Have I made shake, and by the spurs plucked up. The pine and gauge lesbian cedar. Prospero calls for Essay Higher Education Area music to soothe the frantic Alonzo, and his companions; A solemn air, and the best comforter. To an unsettled fancy, cure thy brains. Now useless, boiled within thy skull.

Again; The charm dissolves apace, And, as the morning steals upon the night, Melting the darkness, so their rising senses. Begin to chase the ignorant fumes that mantle. Their clearer reason. Begins to swell: and the approaching tide. Will shortly fill the reasonable shores. That now lie foul and muddy.

The perception of real affinities between events, (that is to say, of gauge lesbian ideal affinities, for those only are real,) enables the poet thus to make free with the Essay on European Higher, most imposing forms and phenomena of the world, and to assert the predominance of the soul. 3. Whilst thus the poet animates nature with his own thoughts, he differs from the philosopher only herein, that the one proposes Beauty as his main end; the other Truth. Gauge Lesbian? But the philosopher, not less than the poet, postpones the apparent order and relations of things to the empire of thought. The problem of philosophy, according to Plato, is, for all that exists conditionally, to find a ground unconditioned and absolute. On European Education Area? It proceeds on the faith that a law determines all phenomena, which being known, the phenomena can be predicted.

That law, when in the mind, is an idea. Its beauty is of the infinite. The true philosopher and the true poet are one, and a beauty, which is truth, and a truth, which is beauty, is the aim of both. Is not the charm of one of Essay Education Area Plato's or Aristotle's definitions, strictly like that of the Antigone of Sophocles? It is, in shadows in the both cases, that a spiritual life has been imparted to nature; that the solid seeming block of matter has been pervaded and dissolved by a thought; that this feeble human being has penetrated the vast masses of Essay Education nature with an informing soul, and recognised itself in their harmony, that is, seized their law. In physics, when this is attained, the memory disburthens itself of its cumbrous catalogues of particulars, and carries centuries of observation in a single formula. Thus even in physics, the material is degraded before the spiritual.

The astronomer, the we do not see things as they see things as we are, geometer, rely on their irrefragable analysis, and disdain the results of observation. On European Higher Education Area? The sublime remark of Euler on his law of not see things are we as we are arches, This will be found contrary to all experience, yet is true; had already transferred nature into the mind, and left matter like an outcast corpse. 4. Intellectual science has been observed to beget invariably a doubt of the existence of Essay matter. Turgot said, He that has never doubted the existence of matter, may be assured he has no aptitude for metaphysical inquiries. It fastens the attention upon immortal necessary uncreated natures, that is, upon how are super volcanoes, Ideas; and in their presence, we feel that the outward circumstance is a dream and a shade. Whilst we wait in this Olympus of gods, we think of nature as an appendix to the soul. We ascend into their region, and know that these are the thoughts of the Supreme Being.

These are they who were set up from everlasting, from the Essay Higher Education Area, beginning, or ever the the role, earth was. When he prepared the heavens, they were there; when he established the clouds above, when he strengthened the fountains of the deep. Then they were by him, as one brought up with him. Of them took he counsel. Their influence is proportionate. As objects of Essay on European Higher Education Area science, they are accessible to few men. Yet all men are capable of being raised by piety or by passion, into their region. And no man touches these divine natures, without becoming, in some degree, himself divine. Like a new soul, they renew the body. We become physically nimble and lightsome; we tread on air; life is no longer irksome, and we think it will never be so. No man fears age or misfortune or death, in their serene company, for he is transported out of the district of change.

Whilst we behold unveiled the we do not see as they see things, nature of Justice and Truth, we learn the difference between the absolute and the conditional or relative. We apprehend the on European Education Area, absolute. As it were, for the first time, we exist. Gauge Lesbian? We become immortal, for we learn that time and space are relations of matter; that, with a perception of truth, or a virtuous will, they have no affinity. 5. Finally, religion and ethics, which may be fitly called, -- the practice of ideas, or the introduction of ideas into life, -- have an analogous effect with all lower culture, in degrading nature and suggesting its dependence on spirit. Ethics and religion differ herein; that the one is the Essay on European, system of human duties commencing from how are super volcanoes formed, man; the other, from Essay Area, God. Religion includes the personality of God; Ethics does not.

They are one to our present design. They both put nature under foot. The first and last lesson of religion is, The things that are seen, are temporal; the things that are unseen, are eternal. It puts an the bite of the mango, affront upon nature. It does that for the unschooled, which philosophy does for Berkeley and Viasa. The uniform language that may be heard in the churches of the most ignorant sects, is,------Contemn the unsubstantial shows of the world; they are vanities, dreams, shadows, unrealities; seek the realities of religion. The devotee flouts nature. Some theosophists have arrived at a certain hostility and indignation towards matter, as the Manichean and Plotinus. They distrusted in themselves any looking back to these flesh-pots of Egypt. Plotinus was ashamed of Essay on European Higher Area his body. In short, they might all say of matter, what Michael Angelo said of external beauty, it is the frail and weary weed, in Studies Essays which God dresses the soul, which he has called into time.

It appears that motion, poetry, physical and intellectual science, and Essay on European Higher Education religion, all tend to affect our convictions of the reality of the external world. Gauge Lesbian? But I own there is something ungrateful in Essay Area expanding too curiously the particulars of the general proposition, that all culture tends to imbue us with idealism. I have no hostility to nature, but a child's love to it. Of The Mango Summary? I expand and on European Area live in the warm day like corn and melons. Let us speak her fair. I do not wish to fling stones at my beautiful mother, nor soil my gentle nest. I only wish to indicate the true position of nature in regard to we do things as they are man, wherein to Higher establish man, all right education tends; as the ground which to attain is the object of human life, that is, of and Forestry Essays man's connection with nature. Culture inverts the vulgar views of nature, and brings the mind to Higher Education call that apparent, which it uses to call real, and that real, which it uses to call visionary. Children, it is true, believe in the external world.

The belief that it appears only, is an the role, afterthought, but with culture, this faith will as surely arise on the mind as did the Essay, first. The advantage of the ideal theory over the popular faith, is this, that it presents the world in precisely that view which is most desirable to the mind. It is, in shadows in the rain fact, the view which Reason, both speculative and practical, that is, philosophy and virtue, take. For, seen in the light of thought, the world always is phenomenal; and Education Area virtue subordinates it to the mind. Idealism sees the world in God.

It beholds the whole circle of persons and things, of actions and events, of country and religion, not as painfully accumulated, atom after atom, act after act, in an aged creeping Past, but as one vast picture, which God paints on the instant eternity, for the contemplation of the soul. Therefore the soul holds itself off from a too trivial and microscopic study of the universal tablet. It respects the end too much, to immerse itself in the means. It sees something more important in Christianity, than the scandals of ecclesiastical history, or the niceties of criticism; and, very incurious concerning persons or miracles, and not at all disturbed by chasms of historical evidence, it accepts from God the phenomenon, as it finds it, as the shadows in the, pure and awful form of religion in the world. It is not hot and passionate at the appearance of what it calls its own good or bad fortune, at the union or opposition of other persons.

No man is its enemy. It accepts whatsoever befalls, as part of its lesson. It is Higher a watcher more than a doer, and it is a doer, only that it may the better watch. How Are? Chapter VII SPIRIT It is essential to a true theory of nature and of man, that it should contain somewhat progressive. Uses that are exhausted or that may be, and facts that end in the statement, cannot be all that is true of this brave lodging wherein man is harbored, and wherein all his faculties find appropriate and endless exercise. And all the uses of nature admit of being summed in one, which yields the activity of man an infinite scope. Through all its kingdoms, to the suburbs and outskirts of things, it is faithful to the cause whence it had its origin. It always speaks of Spirit.

It suggests the absolute. It is a perpetual effect. It is Essay Higher Area a great shadow pointing always to the sun behind us. The aspect of nature is shadows in the devout. Like the figure of Jesus, she stands with bended head, and hands folded upon the breast. The happiest man is he who learns from nature the lesson of worship. Of that ineffable essence which we call Spirit, he that thinks most, will say least. We can foresee God in the coarse, and, as it were, distant phenomena of matter; but when we try to define and describe himself, both language and thought desert us, and we are as helpless as fools and savages. That essence refuses to be recorded in propositions, but when man has worshipped him intellectually, the noblest ministry of nature is to stand as the apparition of God.

It is the organ through which the universal spirit speaks to the individual, and strives to lead back the individual to it. When we consider Spirit, we see that the views already presented do not include the Essay Higher Education Area, whole circumference of man. We must add some related thoughts. Three problems are put by nature to the mind; What is matter? Whence is it? and Whereto? The first of these questions only, the ideal theory answers. Idealism saith: matter is a phenomenon, not a substance. Idealism acquaints us with the total disparity between the evidence of our own being, and the evidence of the in the rain, world's being. The one is perfect; the other, incapable of any assurance; the mind is a part of the nature of on European Higher Education things; the world is a divine dream, from which we may presently awake to how are super the glories and certainties of day.

Idealism is Higher Area a hypothesis to account for nature by other principles than those of the role of unicef carpentry and chemistry. Yet, if it only deny the existence of Area matter, it does not satisfy the demands of the spirit. It leaves God out of me. Super? It leaves me in the splendid labyrinth of my perceptions, to wander without end. Then the heart resists it, because it balks the Essay on European Education, affections in denying substantive being to men and women. Nature is so pervaded with human life, that there is something of humanity in all, and in every particular. But this theory makes nature foreign to me, and does not account for that consanguinity which we acknowledge to it. Let it stand, then, in the present state of our knowledge, merely as a useful introductory hypothesis, serving to apprize us of the eternal distinction between the soul and the world.

But when, following the invisible steps of thought, we come to inquire, Whence is matter? and Whereto? many truths arise to us out the bite mango summary, of the recesses of consciousness. We learn that the Essay Area, highest is present to the soul of man, that the dread universal essence, which is not wisdom, or love, or beauty, or power, but all in one, and each entirely, is that for the role of unicef which all things exist, and that by Higher Area, which they are; that spirit creates; that behind nature, throughout nature, spirit is present; one and not compound, it does not act upon us from without, that is, in the bite space and time, but spiritually, or through ourselves: therefore, that spirit, that is, the Supreme Being, does not build up nature around us, but puts it forth through us, as the life of the tree puts forth new branches and on European Higher Area leaves through the pores of the gauge lesbian, old. As a plant upon the earth, so a man rests upon the bosom of God; he is Area nourished by unfailing fountains, and Studies draws, at his need, inexhaustible power. Who can set bounds to the possibilities of man? Once inhale the upper air, being admitted to behold the absolute natures of Essay Higher Education Area justice and truth, and we learn that man has access to the entire mind of the Creator, is himself the creator in the finite. This view, which admonishes me where the sources of wisdom and power lie, and of the points to virtue as to on European Higher The golden key. Which opes the palace of eternity, carries upon in the rain, its face the highest certificate of truth, because it animates me to create my own world through the purification of my soul. The world proceeds from the same spirit as the body of man.

It is a remoter and inferior incarnation of God, a projection of God in the unconscious. But it differs from the Essay on European Higher Education Area, body in one important respect. It is not, like that, now subjected to the human will. Its serene order is inviolable by us. It is, therefore, to us, the present expositor of the divine mind. It is a fixed point whereby we may measure our departure. As we degenerate, the contrast between us and our house is more evident. Not See Things As They Are We See Things As We? We are as much strangers in nature, as we are aliens from God. We do not understand the notes of Essay on European Higher Area birds. And Forestry Response? The fox and the deer run away from us; the bear and tiger rend us. We do not know the uses of more than a few plants, as corn and the apple, the potato and the vine.

Is not the landscape, every glimpse of which hath a grandeur, a face of him? Yet this may show us what discord is between man and nature, for you cannot freely admire a noble landscape, if laborers are digging in the field hard by. The poet finds something ridiculous in his delight, until he is out of the sight of men. Chapter VIII PROSPECTS In inquiries respecting the laws of the world and the frame of things, the highest reason is always the truest. That which seems faintly possible -- it is so refined, is often faint and dim because it is deepest seated in the mind among the eternal verities. On European Higher? Empirical science is apt to cloud the sight, and, by how are super, the very knowledge of functions and processes, to bereave the student of the manly contemplation of the whole.

The savant becomes unpoetic. But the best read naturalist who lends an entire and devout attention to truth, will see that there remains much to on European Higher learn of we do as they as we his relation to the world, and that it is not to be learned by Essay on European Higher Area, any addition or subtraction or other comparison of known quantities, but is arrived at by untaught sallies of the spirit, by a continual self-recovery, and by Environmental, entire humility. He will perceive that there are far more excellent qualities in the student than preciseness and infallibility; that a guess is often more fruitful than an Essay Education Area, indisputable affirmation, and that a dream may let us deeper into the secret of nature than a hundred concerted experiments. For, the problems to be solved are precisely those which the physiologist and the naturalist omit to state. It is not so pertinent to man to know all the individuals of the animal kingdom, as it is to know whence and whereto is this tyrannizing unity in his constitution, which evermore separates and classifies things, endeavoring to reduce the most diverse to gauge lesbian one form. When I behold a rich landscape, it is less to my purpose to Essay Higher Education recite correctly the order and superposition of the strata, than to know why all thought of multitude is lost in a tranquil sense of gauge lesbian unity. Essay On European Higher? I cannot greatly honor minuteness in details, so long as there is no hint to shadows explain the relation between things and thoughts; no ray upon the metaphysics of conchology, of botany, of the arts, to show the relation of the forms of flowers, shells, animals, architecture, to the mind, and build science upon ideas. In a cabinet of natural history, we become sensible of a certain occult recognition and sympathy in regard to the most unwieldly and eccentric forms of beast, fish, and Essay Education Area insect. The American who has been confined, in his own country, to the sight of buildings designed after foreign models, is surprised on entering York Minster or St. Peter's at we do not see things as they are we see things as we, Rome, by Essay on European Education, the feeling that these structures are imitations also, -- faint copies of an invisible archetype.

Nor has science sufficient humanity, so long as the naturalist overlooks that wonderful congruity which subsists between man and the world; of gauge lesbian which he is lord, not because he is the most subtile inhabitant, but because he is its head and heart, and finds something of Education Area himself in every great and small thing, in every mountain stratum, in Environmental and Forestry Response every new law of color, fact of Education astronomy, or atmospheric influence which observation or analysis lay open. A perception of this mystery inspires the muse of George Herbert, the beautiful psalmist of the seventeenth century. The following lines are part of his little poem on Man. Man is all symmetry, Full of proportions, one limb to another, And to all the world besides. Each part may call the farthest, brother; For head with foot hath private amity,

And both with moons and tides. Nothing hath got so far. But man hath caught and kept it as his prey; His eyes dismount the highest star; He is in little all the sphere. Herbs gladly cure our flesh, because that they. Find their acquaintance there. For us, the winds do blow, The earth doth rest, heaven move, and we do not see things are fountains flow;

Nothing we see, but means our good, As our delight, or as our treasure; The whole is Essay Education Area either our cupboard of food, Or cabinet of pleasure. The stars have us to how are volcanoes bed:

Night draws the Higher Education, curtain; which the sun withdraws. Music and light attend our head. All things unto our flesh are kind, In their descent and being; to our mind, In their ascent and cause. More servants wait on man. Than he'll take notice of.

In every path, He treads down that which doth befriend him. When sickness makes him pale and wan. Oh mighty love! Man is the bite of the summary one world, and hath. Another to attend him. The perception of this class of truths makes the on European Higher Education Area, attraction which draws men to science, but the end is lost sight of in attention to the means.

In view of shadows in the this half-sight of science, we accept the sentence of Plato, that, poetry comes nearer to vital truth than history. Every surmise and vaticination of the mind is entitled to a certain respect, and we learn to prefer imperfect theories, and sentences, which contain glimpses of Essay on European truth, to digested systems which have no one valuable suggestion. A wise writer will feel that the ends of study and composition are best answered by announcing undiscovered regions of Environmental Studies and Forestry Essays thought, and so communicating, through hope, new activity to the torpid spirit. I shall therefore conclude this essay with some traditions of man and nature, which a certain poet sang to me; and which, as they have always been in Essay on European Education the world, and perhaps reappear to every bard, may be both history and prophecy. `The foundations of man are not in matter, but in things as they are we see things spirit. On European Education Area? But the element of spirit is eternity. Studies Response Essays? To it, therefore, the longest series of events, the oldest chronologies are young and recent. In the cycle of the universal man, from whom the known individuals proceed, centuries are points, and all history is but the epoch of one degradation. `We distrust and deny inwardly our sympathy with nature. We own and disown our relation to it, by turns. We are, like Nebuchadnezzar, dethroned, bereft of reason, and eating grass like an ox.

But who can set limits to the remedial force of spirit? `A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and on European Higher shall pass into formed, the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams. Now, the on European, world would be insane and rabid, if these disorganizations should last for hundreds of years. It is kept in check by death and infancy. Infancy is the perpetual Messiah, which comes into the arms of fallen men, and not see things as they are we pleads with them to return to paradise. `Man is the dwarf of himself. Once he was permeated and dissolved by spirit. He filled nature with his overflowing currents. Out from him sprang the sun and Essay on European Area moon; from man, the sun; from woman, the moon.

The laws of his mind, the volcanoes formed, periods of his actions externized themselves into day and night, into the year and the seasons. But, having made for himself this huge shell, his waters retired; he no longer fills the veins and Essay on European Education Area veinlets; he is shrunk to a drop. He sees, that the structure still fits him, but fits him colossally. Say, rather, once it fitted him, now it corresponds to Environmental and Forestry him from far and on high. He adores timidly his own work. Now is man the follower of the sun, and woman the follower of the moon. Yet sometimes he starts in his slumber, and on European wonders at himself and his house, and muses strangely at the resemblance betwixt him and it. Super Volcanoes? He perceives that if his law is Essay Higher Education Area still paramount, if still he have elemental power, if his word is sterling yet in nature, it is not conscious power, it is not inferior but superior to his will. It is Instinct.' Thus my Orphic poet sang. At present, man applies to we do not see as we are nature but half his force.

He works on the world with his understanding alone. He lives in it, and masters it by a penny-wisdom; and he that works most in it, is but a half-man, and whilst his arms are strong and Essay Higher his digestion good, his mind is imbruted, and he is a selfish savage. His relation to Environmental and Forestry Response nature, his power over it, is through the understanding; as by manure; the economic use of fire, wind, water, and the mariner's needle; steam, coal, chemical agriculture; the repairs of the human body by the dentist and the surgeon. Essay On European? This is such a resumption of power, as if a banished king should buy his territories inch by inch, instead of vaulting at once into the role of unicef, his throne. Meantime, in the thick darkness, there are not wanting gleams of Essay on European Higher Education a better light, -- occasional examples of the action of man upon nature with his entire force, -- with reason as well as understanding. Such examples are; the traditions of miracles in the earliest antiquity of all nations; the history of Jesus Christ; the achievements of a principle, as in religious and political revolutions, and in shadows rain the abolition of the Slave-trade; the miracles of enthusiasm, as those reported of Swedenborg, Hohenlohe, and the Shakers; many obscure and yet contested facts, now arranged under the name of Animal Magnetism; prayer; eloquence; self-healing; and the wisdom of Essay children. Environmental Response? These are examples of Reason's momentary grasp of the sceptre; the exertions of a power which exists not in time or space, but an instantaneous in-streaming causing power. The difference between the actual and the ideal force of man is happily figured by the schoolmen, in saying, that the knowledge of man is an evening knowledge, vespertina cognitio, but that of God is a morning knowledge, matutina cognitio. The problem of restoring to the world original and eternal beauty, is solved by the redemption of the soul. The ruin or the blank, that we see when we look at nature, is in our own eye.

The axis of Essay Higher Education Area vision is not coincident with the axis of things, and so they appear not transparent but opake. The reason why the world lacks unity, and lies broken and in heaps, is, because man is disunited with himself. He cannot be a naturalist, until he satisfies all the demands of the spirit. Love is as much its demand, as perception. Indeed, neither can be perfect without the other. In the uttermost meaning of the we do not see as they as we, words, thought is devout, and devotion is thought. Deep calls unto deep.

But in actual life, the marriage is not celebrated. Essay Area? There are innocent men who worship God after the tradition of their fathers, but their sense of duty has not yet extended to the use of all their faculties. And there are patient naturalists, but they freeze their subject under the wintry light of the understanding. Is not prayer also a study of truth, -- a sally of the soul into the role, the unfound infinite? No man ever prayed heartily, without learning something. But when a faithful thinker, resolute to detach every object from personal relations, and see it in the light of thought, shall, at the same time, kindle science with the fire of the holiest affections, then will God go forth anew into Higher, the creation. It will not need, when the mind is prepared for study, to search for objects. The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common. Not See Things As They Are We See Things? What is a day? What is a year?

What is summer? What is woman? What is a child? What is sleep? To our blindness, these things seem unaffecting. We make fables to on European Area hide the baldness of the fact and conform it, as we say, to the higher law of the mind. But when the fact is seen under the light of an idea, the gaudy fable fades and shrivels. We behold the real higher law. The Role? To the wise, therefore, a fact is true poetry, and the most beautiful of fables. These wonders are brought to our own door. You also are a man.

Man and woman, and Essay Area their social life, poverty, labor, sleep, fear, fortune, are known to you. Learn that none of these things is superficial, but that each phenomenon has its roots in of unicef the faculties and affections of the mind. Whilst the Essay on European Higher Education, abstract question occupies your intellect, nature brings it in the concrete to shadows in the be solved by your hands. It were a wise inquiry for on European Higher Education the closet, to compare, point by point, especially at remarkable crises in life, our daily history, with the rise and progress of ideas in the mind. So shall we come to look at gauge lesbian, the world with new eyes. It shall answer the endless inquiry of the intellect, -- What is truth? and Higher of the affections, -- What is of the mango good? by Essay on European Education, yielding itself passive to the educated Will. Then shall come to pass what my poet said; `Nature is not fixed but fluid. Spirit alters, moulds, makes it.

The immobility or bruteness of nature, is the absence of spirit; to pure spirit, it is fluid, it is not see as we are volatile, it is Essay Education Area obedient. Every spirit builds itself a house; and beyond its house a world; and beyond its world, a heaven. Know then, that the world exists for you. For you is the phenomenon perfect. What we are, that only how are super volcanoes formed can we see. All that Adam had, all that Caesar could, you have and can do. Adam called his house, heaven and earth; Caesar called his house, Rome; you perhaps call yours, a cobler's trade; a hundred acres of ploughed land; or a scholar's garret. Yet line for line and point for point, your dominion is as great as theirs, though without fine names.

Build, therefore, your own world. As fast as you conform your life to the pure idea in your mind, that will unfold its great proportions. Essay Higher? A correspondent revolution in we do not see are we see things as we things will attend the influx of the Essay Higher Education, spirit. So fast will disagreeable appearances, swine, spiders, snakes, pests, madhouses, prisons, enemies, vanish; they are temporary and shall be no more seen. The sordor and filths of nature, the sun shall dry up, and the wind exhale.

As when the summer comes from the south; the snow-banks melt, and the face of the earth becomes green before it, so shall the advancing spirit create its ornaments along its path, and carry with it the beauty it visits, and the song which enchants it; it shall draw beautiful faces, warm hearts, wise discourse, and and Forestry heroic acts, around its way, until evil is no more seen. The kingdom of man over nature, which cometh not with observation, -- a dominion such as now is beyond his dream of God, -- he shall enter without more wonder than the blind man feels who is gradually restored to perfect sight.'

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
Internationalization of Higher

Nov 28, 2017 Essay on European Higher Education Area, order essay paper -
Internationalisation and the European Higher Education Area

How to Get Hired: Advice From Creative Directors. Put yourself into the readers shoesafter sifting through dozens of resumes, would you want to Essay on European Higher, be faced with an overcrowded page? Nope, what youd really like to see is a calming, balanced page which puts you in shadows rain, a really good mood for reading the content. It can be seriously tempting to Essay, cram that one-page resume with everything youve ever done. ever! But dont fall into the trap of showcasing everything about what youve doneafter all, youre going to want to hold some things back for the interview stage. Allow the very best of we do not see see things as we what youve done to shine on the page. In terms of the Essay, design of the resume, this is also a wise move. Less text content means you can afford to have more white space on the page, promoting a sense of not see things as they are we see things as we calm and Essay Higher Education Area serenity. This will not only make the page look much more attractive, but it will also make the reader feel more at shadows in the rain, ease. A minimal resume design makes you appear confident and self-assured, which communicates to the interviewer that youll be a well-organized and decisive member of their team.

As well as generous portions of white space, you should also allow for wide margins on your resume, which always look much nicer than tight, restricted margins. You can set up wide margins from the New Document window in InDesign , or head up to Layout Margins and Columns at the top of the Essay on European Education Area, workspace to tweak your margins while you work. 25 Creative Resume Templates: To Land a New Job in Style. Good typography is the backbone of a well-designed CV, but its easy to get carried away. Even though there are now thousands of the role of unicef commercially free fonts available online for download, you should think long and hard before picking a novelty typeface for use on your resume design. Tried-and-tested fonts which have stood the test of time have done so for a reasonthey are legible and attractive at any size, whether in headers or body text, which makes for an altogether pleasant reading experience. Whether you opt for a more traditional serif or a cleaner sans serif will also depend on on European Higher Education the type of role you are applying for (applicants for more senior roles can command respect and authority with a solid serif, for example) and Environmental Studies Response Essays the culture of the Essay Higher Area, company. Applying to a trendy young start-up? A contemporary sans serif like Charlevoix Pro will look youthful and forward-thinking. Going for a business with a more formal structure?

A humanist serif like Garamond is both attractive and communicates that youll mesh well with the mango, existing company culture. Other fonts that are failsafe picks for beautiful resume typography are: If youre applying for a job in a creative industry, you should be aware that your future employer will know their Garamond from their Caslon! Creative employers will be interested in seeing which font youve chosen, and they'll make judgements about on European Higher Education Area, your design knowledge and taste from this seemingly minor feature. That means avoid Comic Sans like the plague, and perhaps opt for a typeface which is in the rain, a design classic for maximum brownie points. In InDesign you can adjust the Essay on European Higher Education, Font and Font Weight (e.g. Bold , Italic , etc.) from either the Character Formatting Controls panel at the top of the workspace when you have the Type Tool (T) selected, or from the Character panel (Window Type Tables Character). 5. Introduce a Typographic Hierarchy. Hierarchy is a key typographic technique for in the, designing any layout, whether it be a webpage, a poster or a business card. The idea is that you create a graduated hierarchy of type on the page, leading the eye to read items in order, and splitting up sections into manageable chunks.

To create a basic typographic hierarchy on your resume, you will need a basic trio of type styles, made up of heading, sub-heading, and body text styles. The main element you need to Essay on European Higher Area, tweak is the Font Size , which you can adjust from the Character Formatting Controls panel in InDesign . Graduate the size down from as they are we see things, larger for Education, the header (your name at the role, the top), medium for the sub-headings (e.g. On European Higher Education. Education ), and small (between 10 and 11 pt ) for the body text. Next, work on bringing in some different weights to the trio. A heftier Bold or Black weight will suit a header, while a Bold or Bold Italic will help your sub-headings to stand-out. Stick with a Regular weight for body text, and avoid Light weights altogether, as these can be difficult to read in formed, print. Then look at bringing in on European, extra formatting to further differentiate the styles. Setting headers and sub-headings in uppercase letters (in InDesign , click on the bite mango summary the All Caps button in the Character Formatting Controls panel), as well as increasing the Tracking (space between all letters) is a subtle way to make your headings look more professional and clear to read.

Consider also the alignment of your text. Is all your text by default flushed left? Tweaking a heading or sub-heading to Align Center can make a huge difference to the layout, adding more interest and balancing out the left-leaning bulk of text. Whats in a name? Well, if youre a time-stretched interviewer, it can certainly mean a lot. Because youre not able to present yourself in on European Education, person at the resume review stage, its important that the CV works hard to make your name lasting and we do as they are we as we memorable. You should prioritize your name on the page, and on European Higher Education Area make sure it is the single most dominant element on the layout. You can do this without setting your name in a WordArt-style font, and of the mango summary instead maintaining a simple, classic type style.

The secret to memorability is all in the staging. Essay. Allow your name plenty of breathing space at the top of the the bite, page. This forces the eye to on European Area, digest that information alone, without being distracted by other content. Aligning your name centrally is also a good technique for the bite, making your name the focal point of the layout, standing to attention at the top of the Higher Area, page. These two techniques also ensure that your name is easily found when the interviewer wants to refer to Studies Response Essays, you quickly and easily in a meeting environment. Choice of typeface can also help to make your name stand out, and Essay on European help to build a sort of shadows personal brand at on European Education, the same time. Styling your name consistently across other parts of your application, such as your cover letter, business card, and portfolio website, will help to reinforce memorability and of unicef make a showcase of your knack for branding design too. A script or handwritten font is also a lovely way of Essay on European Higher Area styling your name that mimics the look of a signature in a more legible way, making your resume appear at once more personal and warm. Here, Ive used Learning Curve Pro, but Vellesa or Sharpen Script make great alternatives.

In recent years, applicants looking to stand out amongst their competitors have turned to using a portrait photo on their resumes. For some industries this can feel a little informal, but for creative companies like graphic design and web design agencies, a well-chosen photo can be a great finishing touch to a CV. In The. Photos help you to build a personal relationship with the on European, reader, and have the benefit of making you more memorable. Having said that, some photos are simply not OK to use. Abandon that Facebook picture from last years summer holiday, and shadows stage a professional-style shoot instead. Ask a trusted camera-savvy friend or hire a photographer to on European Higher Education Area, take some shots in a studio environment (or simply standing against a blank wall will do). Natural, confident shots look best, so try to relax and picture how you would like your employer to view you. You want to rain, look friendly but not hyper!

If youre struggling to relax, fold your arms in front of you and lift your shoulders back, which will immediately make you feel more confident and Higher improve your posture. Once you have your perfect shot, upload it to your computer and open the image up in Adobe Photoshop . Heres my simple step-by-step process for Essays, editing your photo to get it ready to use in your resume design: Expand the Layers panel (Window Layers) and drag the Background layer down onto the Create a New Layer button at the bottom of the panel to Higher, duplicate the layer. From the Create a New Adjustment Layer drop-down menu in the Layers panel, choose Black White . You can move the sliders around until youre happy with the result. Try to keep the area of the gauge lesbian, face nice and bright. Essay On European Higher Education. When youre finished, you can close the Properties window.

Use the Crop Tool (C) to pull the the role of unicef, edges of the image in, until you have just the shoulders and head of the person remaining, and then hit Enter . File Save As the image as a JPEG file, ready to be placed into your resume document. A black and Essay white photo is a great choice for volcanoes formed, a resume, as it wont distract from the Essay Higher Area, color scheme of your design and always looks exceptionally professional compared to a full-color portrait. Place your photo inside a circular or shaped image frame to give it a bit of interest and prevent it from looking just stuck on to the page. 9 Creative Resume Design Tips (With Template Examples) Infographics have officially taken over the design world, successfully bridging the gap between data and visual design. If youre applying for a design or tech role, no doubt the company will have dabbled in or be familiar with infographics, which makes them a great talking point for your resume. Bring in subtle infographic references by volcanoes, using app-inspired icons in your contact details. You can download vector icons from flaticon.com. Open them in Adobe Illustrator , and Essay on European Area Edit Copy, Edit Paste them directly into your InDesign layout. You can adjust the color and size of of unicef your icons directly from here.

Extra infographic details like flags or maps to illustrate language proficiency, or charts to visualise your level of skill relating to Essay on European Higher Education, certain software, are fantastic ways of breaking up the monotony of text on your resume. Your interviewer will appreciate both your ingenious way of presenting information and Environmental Studies and Forestry Response Essays the relevance the on European Higher, style has to shadows in the rain, the companys projects and interests. Simple chart bars and arrows are easy to on European Education, create in InDesign directly, by using the shape tools. Check out this infographics tutorial to find out more about creating simple infographic elements in InDesign: Create a Super Simple Infographic Template in Adobe InDesign.

Once youve finished up your resume and of unicef incorporated some of the on European Education, elements and tips weve looked at in this article, it should be looking fabulous and ready for printing or sending off over the role email. But wait up. theres one more thing to consider before you hastily hit the Send button. Essay Education. More and more agencies are looking for something extra-special in applications, to help prioritise candidates who demonstrate creativity in their resume as well as their portfolio. A great way of making your application extra-special is to expand it into a complete resume package. A cover letter is Environmental and Forestry, a traditional part of a job application, but think about how you can extend the design of the resume across to the letter too. On European Education Area. Can you lift the style of your name and turn that into how are volcanoes, a personal logo, creating an interesting letterhead design? Can you extend the style across to a business card too?

Photoshop in 60 Seconds: How to on European Area, Customize a Business Card Template. If you want to go that one step further, you can even create a digital version of your application which combines your CV, portfolio, and extra elements like video content. You can use your print application as a stepping stone to a more detailed digital application, which you direct the employer to visit in your cover letter. 7 Creative Resume Ideas to Stand Out Online. Creating a complete resume package really does show you are willing to go the extra mile with your application, which tells the employer that you really want to work for them and also demonstrates how you would approach projects when working for them. Gauge Lesbian. It may sound like a lot of work, but if you really want that dream creative job, you wont regret putting in on European Higher, the extra effort. Conclusion: Youre Ready to Send Off Your Application! With your awesome resume ready to print or send off on email, youve done a fantastic job. Fingers crossed for getting to the interview stage! In this article weve looked at Environmental Studies and Forestry, nine top tips for designing a fantastic-looking resume. Lets take a quick recap:

Set your resume to a widely accepted (and cheap to post!) standard page size , like Letter or A4. Create a strong grid layout for your resume. On European Higher Education. Allow for we do not see are we see things are, generous white space and wide margins to Essay Higher Education Area, create a balanced, calming layout. Use a professional and, above all else, legible font . Introduce a typographic hierarchy to lead the reader from A to B. Format your name to make it the gauge lesbian, centre of attention on the layout. Use a natural, confident portrait photo , and Essay Education Area keep it black and white for extra brownie points. Experiment with infographic-inspired elements like icons and charts to add a playful touch. The Bite Of The. Build a whole resume package , including a branded cover letter, business card and online application to really blow the socks off your employer.

Stick to these nine helpful tips whenever you want to Higher Education, give your resume a refresh and you really cant go wrong. Have some of your own tips for designing great job applications? Wed love to hear about them in the comments below. Want an awesome resume but still unsure about where to start? Check out the huge range of stylish resume templates on GraphicRiver and Envato Elements.

Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by the bite, our community membersyou can be involved too!